Problem copying Primary Snapshot

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by mrfargoreed, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Latest PC magazine here in US had a picture from a Best Buy store where they had a Vista display with the big stand up display from MS touting the glory of vista, and the computer in front of it had a BSOD on it. Pretty funny

2. mrfargoreed

mrfargoreed Registered Member

It was a nice thread because I got helpful, friendly advice and help. Nobody gets funny with you if you don't understand. That's why I spend a lot of time here learning from everybody.

:D Brilliant! Only MS could do that.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

LOOOOOOL @ BSOD. That's why we all need FDISR to get rid of those. :D

4. Signal_78

Signal_78 Registered Member

Registered to post to this thread:

Last night was updating my secondary snap and got 4 errors......
    Within 2 minutes I was on Wilders, peeked at this thread before using 'search'.
    mrfargoreed's post #11 was identical to my error log!
    Just installed Comodo. I unchecked the Comodo registry protection box and....no errors.
    Thanks folks! Never would have got there myself.

Mark

5. ErikAlbert

Welcome to the club, you won't regret the money.

There must be alot more FDISR-users out there, than I thought. :)

6. Signal_78

Signal_78 Registered Member

Thanks Erik.

Incidentally, there was a hint above that Raxco might have a 'fix'--but no.

Just got a message back from them saying that with an Access Denied error they can not prevent the locking--so suggest the only remedy is un-checking the Comodo registry protect box prior to updating.

Mark

7. ErikAlbert

You always have to pay attention to what security softwares you use, some of them are a pain for FDISR, disabling them temporarily is often the cure.

Don't use automatic defragmentation either, because it causes problems in FDISR. Always defrag on demand.

8. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I always prefer this method. I understand plenty of others like to Defrag on-the-fly in the background and perhaps theres some advantage to that but in my own estimation it's minimal gain at best. Suppose it depends on how good the hard drive/other componants are in unison, dunno.

Right now Ultimate Defrag is doing fine for my system setup along with FD-ISR and i yet to see any issues, but it is still early. Nothing against PerfectDisk but smart file placement is not limited to only PD as well as other interesting features that help speed up drive access etc.

I agree some security softwares even with the best intentions can and do make for conflicts sometimes.

9. KikiBibi

KikiBibi Registered Member

The auto-defrag software I use works fine.
    It's mstDefrag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.