Problem checking compressed files

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by arpadvezer, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arpadvezer

arpadvezer Registered Member

Hi!

I'm using the hungarian version of Eset Smart Security 4.0.442.0.

Everytime when I try to scan a compressed file (e.g. zip, rar, also compressed installer files (msi, exe) I get the following error message:

"a kitömörítést a program nem tudta befejezni (nincs elég szabad memória, nincs elég szabad lemezterület, vagy probléma adódott az ideiglenes mappákkal)"

This means the following in english:

"the program couldn't finish the extracting of the files (There are not enough free memory, there are not enough free disk space or there is a problem with temporary folders)"

The message appears in automatic and on-demand scanning too.

I have more than 100gb free space on my hard disk and I have more then 1gb free space in the system memory.

I have tried reinstalling, also with Revo Uninstaller. Tried contacting the hungarian support, they are forwarding the problem to the developers.

I have also tried changing the environmental variables (temp, tmp). This didn't help.

If you could thelp me to solve this problem, I would be really pleased.

Thanks for your help,

Arpadvezer

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Check the system and user temp/tmp variables and make sure they point to existing folders. If they do, try deleting and and re-creating them.

3. arpadvezer

The folders exist, they can also be written, but cannot be deleted, because the system is using them.

I have Windows Vista Home Premium.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What about deleting and recreating them in safe mode? Another thing you could try is creating a new folder and pointing the user and system variables to it. A computer restart will be required. Then you can change the folders back.

5. arpadvezer

I have solved the problem temporarily by disabling UAC (User Account Control) on the Control Panel. ESS now scans every compressed files properly.

If I have more time I will try to find better ways to solve this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.