Problem Booting Up After Installation

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Greasyman, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greasyman

Greasyman Registered Member

I installed Nod32 Antivirus v3.0 on a Lenovo T43 notebook. I already had McAfee antivirus and firewall software installed. My computer had been taking a long time to reboot and I thought part of the problem may have been due to the McAfee software. I didn't uninstall the McAfee software before installing Nod32.

After installing Nod 32 software, my computer worked fine but after turning off the computer and restarting it, all I can see is the screensaver. The icons don't appear on the screen. Sometimes the taskbar appears but when it does, the mouse is stuck in the hourglass mode. I've kept my computer on for about an hour but it doesn't make any progress. Another detail is that I didn't supply the password for the Nod sofware as I didn't know what it was.

We have the 3-computer version of the Nod software. We have three computers on our home network. One computer has had the Nod software installed without a problem, but it is a new computer which didn't have and pre-existing anti-virus software. Any ideas how I can get my computer to boot up?

2. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

First off you should never install two anti virus programs running realtime where conflics occur.Have you tried starting In safe mode?

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

didnt nod32 tell you to remove mcafee before it would continue?
    so ye boot in to safe mode and remove mcafeee and then there removal tool from their website if neeeded.
    you should then be able to load up as normal.

4. Greasyman

Greasyman Registered Member

Got it running back to normal, thanks to your help. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. THANK YOU!!!

5. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

your welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.