Problem Backing up my network Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hyperstock, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperstock

hyperstock Registered Member

When using true image 9 or is it 10, basically the latest version. It backs up the folder "my docs" fine to a network drive. However I really bought the software in order to back up my network drive. Its here that I store all my music , pictures , video etc..

I have a maxtor 300 gig NAS. When I create and perform an initial backup of the various folders on my network drive to the target drive which is a seperate harddrive on my network. It appears to work fine. however subsquent incremental backups fail with errors like it can not find the source. which is the folders on the Network drive. This happens with either manual attempt as well as scheduled.

This is very frustrating. Is this software (true image) only good for backing up from the local drives?

ANy help would be appreciated.

2. hyperstock

By the way, I did submit this issue to technical support multiple times and never heard back from them.

This is even more frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!11

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hyperstock,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that when backing up from a network drive Acronis True Image cannot get the exclusive access to data, and therefore the backup may fail if the data is in use by other process.

Could you please let us know your Acronis request number (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? We will find out the reason for the delay. If you have not received an autoreply then please send us a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

4. hyperstock

This is my [Acronis #965904] Backup Failure

THis is the number and it was sent back on 3/29/07

By the way the data is not in use from any other process at time of backup.

I would appreciate a response.

Thanks. and thanks for responding to this post.

5. thompsbi

thompsbi Registered Member

I too am having problems with saving my backup images to a network attached storage drive.
    I can successfully do an image ( of any kind ) using the network drive as my backup location ( to a folder on the network drive). The backup image is successful each time however... Acronis will not respect any backup set limitations I have imposed on the backup location. It just keeps on adding more backups and refuses to automatically delete the oldest backup once the limitation has been reached. In the task log after completion Acronis complains that the limit has been reached and then says that the archive is invalid. When I check the Network drive afterwards the new image is in fact there but the oldest that should have been deleted to satisfy the limit is also still there. Hence as time goes on the drive gets full and subsequent backups fail. It is interesting to note that this problem does NOT happen if using a second hard drive in the same computer as the source drive but only when going through a network. Any help would be appreciated.o_O

6. Acronis Support

Hello hyperstock,

Please be aware that as I can see the reply to you has been sent at 3/31/07. Please check your spam folders and/or firewall settings. If you are still unable to find the e-mail, please submit a support request from an alternate e-mail address containing your Acronis request number, and we will resend you the reply.

In the meantime, please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. Acronis Support

Hello thompsbi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that this is a know issue and our Development Team is working on fixing it. Most likely it will be fixed in the next build. I'm sorry, but the exact timeframe isn't decided yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. hyperstock

I have been using the latest build that you reference. It is the same build that I continue to have the problem. The only reply I received from you was the following :

Thank you for contacting Acronis!

We are sending you this letter to assure you that your message has
    been received and is being processed. Please do not submit your request
    more than once; multiple submissions generate extra paperwork that
    simply slows down response times.

Please note that most problems are frequently solved by downloading and installing the latest updates for Acronis software. If you have not done so, please download and install latest build from http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/updates/.

You can also quickly find the answers to your questions in Acronis
    Support Knowledge Base at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/kb/.

Thank you again for your consideration and patience.

Never heard back. My spam filters and firewall settings allowed this to go through with no problems. Never saw the other and I was looking for it. Why can't you resend it to me then or post the reply on this thread. How come I have to resend it to you?

9. hyperstock

So Morat, I resubmit a problem request requesting the original response to my problem. This request number is Acronis # 1023511. Please see if you can help me obtain a resolution to this problem without having to continue to work so hard to obtain one. I hope that you can just post the response (since you were able to view it and read it) here on the board. so that I do not have to wait any longer and guess.

10. Acronis Support

Hello hyperstock,

Please note that as far as I can see from you e-mail you use mapped drives. Please use a full UNC path (e.g. \\server\share\) instead of a mapped drive. Check this article for more details.

I would also recommend that you have a look at this thread <What do these errors mean?> to find information on how Home version of Acronis True Image backup data stored in the networked shared folders.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.