Problem backing up dual-boot system

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by sir_captain, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sir_captain

sir_captain Registered Member

Hi,

This is my first time using Paragon's software, so I'm likely overlooking something. Hopefully someone can help.

I'm using Hard Disk Manager 11 Suite and trying to image my Macbook's SSD. I'm running OS X/Win 7 via bootcamp and opted for a sector level 1:1 image of both partitions. Everything seemed to be running smoothly until Paragon asked me to reboot for low-level access to the C: Drive.

"Initialize and reopen archive DB" Finished
    "Backup Partition" Finished

And then I got hit with "Some Error Occured: Can't open/create file"
    And I'm hung in a loop.

Any advice?

Thanks much.

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

There is no actual need to backup in raw (1:1) mode unless your HDD is physically failing.

Once 1:1 mode disabled, entire backup should go from Windows w\o restart needed.

Please check if it works.

Also I would recommend to perform 1:1 backup from WinPE Recovery CD (separate self-burning ISO image in EXE package available from My Account- My Downloads on Paragon web-site) . It should perform RAW backup w\o errors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.