Problem adding exception

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by AshG, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AshG

AshG Registered Member

I recently went through my annual format/reinstall and am having trouble getting NOD32 back to where I had it. In particular, I am finding myself unable to disable boot sector scanning of the A:\ drive.

When I try to add the boot sector via the exception options, it actually tries to scan the boot sector. I can't for the life of me figure out why it would scan when I try to make it not scan, but that's beside the point. In any case, that is keeping me from setting it to not scan the A:\ at shutdown. I have tried simply adding the a:\ folder and all subfolders, but that doesn't work either.

I had it working right beforre the format, so this is driving me nuts now especially when I go to shut down the system. Why isn't the Boot Sector exception working, and is there a registry-based way around this?

2. AshG

AshG Registered Member

Answered very quickly via PM..... Dang, I love this place! :cool:

3. AshG

AshG Registered Member

Argh, change that, still not working.

I've unticked Diskettes in the Scan Media section, added a:\ as an exception, and still get an error when I go to shut down Windows. It also still won't let me disable boot sector scanning because it tries to scan the darned thing when I go to apply the changes.

What's going on?

4. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Hey, AshG.

Try booting into Safe Mode. Open up the Registry Editor and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset\Nod\CurrentVersion\Modules\AMON\Settings\Config000\Settings . On the right side, you will see the DWORD value "media_floppies". Change it from "0x00000001 (1)" to "0x00000000 (0)" and reboot.

Not sure if it will work, but that is what I would try if I had to hack the registry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.