Problem about on-demand Scan

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by goldapple, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldapple

goldapple Registered Member

Dec 22, 2005
    Dear All

I'm a reseller in China . I have found some trouble in use NOD32 ON-Demand Scan .
    I want to build up standard configuration for NOD32 ,and save as a .xml file .So ,When EE ( Enterprise Edition )users push install our products ( or make installation package ),they can use the template I send to them ,no longer need to reconfig the settings in Configuration Editor .(is all in english ,and The Chinese name and English Name are not compatible well as i have ever said )
    The other settings are ok .but for On-demand Scan ,it seems diffcult to control .here is the case :I have set the "in-depth analysis profile " scan as default profile for NOD32 on-demand scanner in CFG (Configuration editor )"Set as current profile in the NOD32 module".

But here is the test result :
    1. start on-demand scan through NOD32 Control Center >>NOD32 >>In-depth Scan
    2. start on-demand scan through RAC ,right click on Client list >>New task >>On-demand Scan
    3. add a on-demand scan task in "task/schedual" with "in-depth analysis profile " ,and choose "run now "

the 3 task seems are using different settings !! it seems only start on-demand scan from Control Center is the most completly and safely one ..But for EE user ,They Usually need to Remote Scan the Clients .So ,,It becomes a big prolem .

anybody have suggetions on this ?
  2. huangzhengliang

huangzhengliang Registered Member

Nov 12, 2006
    I find that the on-demand scanner is only scanning parts of my drive. Like I have many folders in Program Files folder but NOD32 only scanned the Lavasoft folder.
    Anyone know why?
  3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Are you sure ? Is the Lavasoft in blue ? If in blue , you are wrong . Messages in wrong means that NOD32 cannot scan that folder because the files are locked/protected or in-use by another application . Check your settings with Blackspear's one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.