Problem 2 GPG4win

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by JDawg, Sep 11, 2015.

1. JDawg

JDawg Registered Member

Ok so i was erasing old keys and accidently erased my default key and now i cannot decrypt messages. I tried removing it and reinstalling it but i cannot get it to work i really need it for its clipboard for the copy and paste decrypt and encrypt option. I know thunderbird has a clipboard but for the life of me i cannot figure out how it works like can i copy and paste and encrypt and decrypt like gpg4win? So i guess this is a two part question what to do if i erased the default key and cannot decrypt messages on gpg4win and does thunderbird have a clipboard like gpg4win does? Any feedback is greatly appreaciated.

2. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Firstly, do you have a FULL keyset of your original to restore? Remember the keyset is two parts -- private and public in a SET. Without both you are dead in the water. If you do have a FULL-Keyset than why not simply restore the key and if desired set it as default?

Let us know.

3. JDawg

JDawg Registered Member

I think i got it fixed i had somebody send me an encrypted message to my sigaint account and got it to decrypt. But one thing this has taught me always keep backups of important stuff.

4. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

I don't know about Thunderbird and clipboard, I seldom need to use the clipboard function, and when I do, I use GPA from gpg4win to do it. I just checked the Enigmail menu and options, but I see nothing about encrypting/decrypting clipboard contents.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.