probable incompat b/w OA Premium and Avast 7 AV (free)..

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by harsha_mic, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

Hi,

I have installed OA Premium today on top of Avast AV (free). It looks like the combo is creating problems for normal firefox operational (i.e., firefox.exe,plugincontainer.exe, sub flash processes takes 30-60 sec to terminate after firefox is closed).

After many trials with enabling/disabling of individual avast/OA components, i could able to make it work only by
    step 1. In Avast Behavior shield settings, unchecked option "monitor the system for unauthorized modifications" (this step is mandatory)
    step 2. adding both OA and Avast mutually exclusive to each other

Since, i am not really sure to where exactly to post (avast vs OA forums), i started first in wilders, perhaps some one from Avast or OA could take a look to see what exactly is the issue.
    There seems to be some kind incompatibility b/w the two. Isnt it?

mods: pls. move the topic to the appropriate section if you feel this is the wrong place.

Thanks,
    Harsha.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Since no one has answered you, try registering in Emsisoft's support forum, they will help you immediately. (They usually just take a couple hours to answer you) :D :thumb:

Emsisoft Support Forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.