Proactive Defense

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mike21, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

I am using KIS with components installed only:

File AV – Proactive – Firewall

I have a program in my works’ PC that is completely incompatible with Proactive Defense and causes clipboard errors (I am using a clipboard manager, clipcache and it gets bloated with hundreds of same entries) and various other errors like text disappearing, slow submitting of messages etc.

This is maybe because the other application is poorly coded, but there is no substitution atm. Of course I have made hundreds of tests like enabling only 1 component of application activity analyzer or only guard system start (under registry guard).

Now I disabled Proactive Defense and kept only File AV & FW.

But I am interested to install a simple program to replace proactive. By simple I mean basic guard of system start-up, launching browser with parameters, guard shell extensions installations etc, using low resources and compatible with KIS 7.

Please note that I have already tried already ghost-suite, regrun and processguard and I am looking for something more basic/less bloated (IMO), just to cover some basic aspects of that I am already missing from Proactive Defense.

Any suggestion will be appreciated, thanks.

2. plantextract

plantextract Registered Member

have you tried to add that clipboard app to the trusted applications list to exlcude it from activity checking & registry checking?

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Try WinPatrol or Arovax Shield

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

ProSecurity Free might also be a good addition. If you know your system is clean (100% sure), then you can tell PS that it's clean when you scan the system in the setup wizard, and PS will mark everything 'trusted', which then allows you to have good protection against future things without being bothered with a lot of popups and so on. It's a nice program and seems to work well with other apps.

http://www.proactive-hips.com/

5. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

sorry for not mentioning, I have added clipcache & the other messaging program to the exclusions list

6. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

I am not bothered by popups from proactive, but I will give a try to ProSecurity

I used WinPatrol 3 or 4 years ago at an older and weaker PC and I had a feeling of slow response when opening folders/programs. Maybe a couple of seconds only but it was apparent.

7. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

ok, just an update. I tried arovax which is freeware and I couldn't find start up protection etc. It seemed just a spyware scanner.

Winpatrol: it doesn't delay my new PC and seems lightweight. But the "patrol" of start up objects (for example) is not instant - the window popups some minutes after adding a startup entry. Do I have to register for realtime?

Nevertheless it seems nice winpatrol and lighter than proactive defense.

Prosecurity seems nice with clear interface also but it has three processes always running.

8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Arovax Shield can be found here. Maybe you tried their antispyware product by accident.

As for WinPatrol, yes you need the paid version for realtime protection.

9. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

Thanks WSFuser

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.