privoxy configuration

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by kreon28, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreon28

kreon28 Registered Member

Hi,

I'm using tor with privoxy and lately I've checked my anonymity on http://www.showmyip.com/ webpage.
    That didn't make me happy.
    What I have seen is identification of my browser:
    Code:
    Browser (User-Agent): 	Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pl; rv:1.8.1.2) Gecko/20070219 Firefox/2.0.0.2
    Time stamp:
    Code:
    Time stamp: 	20070304 050743 CST Sunday, March 04, 2007 05:07:43 AM
    Sun, 04 Mar 2007 11:07:43 UTC/GMT
    Sun, 04 Mar 2007 05:07:43 -0600
    and Accept-Charset:
    Code:
    ISO-8859-2,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
    Is there any possibilty to configure privoxy, just to cheat such webpages.
    I mean e.g. paste some other informations which browser would show to showmyip.com or maybe just completly remove these ones

2. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

Your Host Information
    REMOTE_HOST REMOTE_ADDR
    USER_AGENT Beast%Beast space Bison ver 5.00
    HTTP_REFERER (none)
    HTTP Connection Information
    HTTP_FORWARDED (none)
    HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR 218.130.24.170
    HTTP_VIA HTTP/1.1 ns.bach-kaffee.co.jp (DeleGate/5.9.13), 1.1 TTCache02 (Jaguar/3.0-59)
    HTTP_CONNECTION Keep-Alive
    HTTP_SP_HOST (none)
    HTTP_CACHE_INFO (none)
    HTTP_CLIENT_IP 210.15.225.100
    HTTP_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX
    HTTP__ Defended-By,ZoneAlarm-*filtered-By,LooNstop*
    HTTP_XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    HTTP_COOKIE $1
    Your IP or Proxy Server Name
    210-15-225-100-static.VIC.netspace.net.au
    3 4

My result ,you need to edit your filters To spoof the false info ..in your Proxcey program ,(re-edit) our download jacks filters and merge them in the program .i beleave that the Proxomitron filters will work with your version ..
    i hope i am talking about the right Privoxy .i downloaded the first Beta and a few after it .and still found The founder of proxco program 100% better..
    But thats not the piont ,try and see how you fiar .
    Good luck

3. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

IP Address Properties Values
    Browser (User-Agent): Beast%Beast space Bison ver 5.00
    Time stamp: 20070304 070000 CST Sunday, March 04, 2007 07:00:00 AM
    Sun, 04 Mar 2007 13:00:00 UTC/GMT
    Sun, 04 Mar 2007 07:00:00 -0600
    Time server stamp: (time.nist.gov) not checked
    Local time: • Script Disabled
    • Script Disabled
    (not available - requires Javascript)
    Tor Network node: no
    Details about the Tor network can be found at tor.eff.org
    Why you should use Tor, by www.freehaven.net
    How to setup your own Tor network server: tor.eff.org/docs/tor-doc-server.html

US-United States Country Web SitesCIA Factbook on United StatesAtlapedia on United StatesGovernments on the WWW - United StatesWikipedia.org - United StatesInternal Revenue ServiceU.S. Government Official Web PortalU.S. Patent and Trademark OfficeCalifornia State GovernmentColorado State GovernmentDistrict of Columbia State GovernmentFlorida State GovernmentGeorgia State GovernmentIowa State GovernmentMassachusetts State GovernmentMichigan State GovernmentNew York State GovernmentOhio State GovernmentOregon State GovernmentTexas State GovernmentWashington State Government

Vonage, the Broadband Phone Company. Get details on Calling Plans
    U.S. news

U.S. weather forecasts...
    Yahoo Maps will help you find your way...
    Check out JIwire.com's Wi-Fi Wireless HotSpot locations in U.S....

Currency: USD-US Dollar

Calculate currency exchanges at xe.com

Conversions of Area, Capacity, Volume, Circular measure, Computer storage, Distance, Length, Energy, Work, Fuel Consumption, Power, Pressure, Speed, Temperature, Time, Torque, Mass and Weight at convertplus.com

International Phone Dialing Codes by country at kropla.com

Country Code3: USA
    Continent: North America
    Nationality: American
    Nationality Plural: Americans
    State:
    City:
    Latitude: see geo.showmyip.com for this information
    Longitude: see geo.showmyip.com for this information
    Timezone (relative to UTC): see geo.showmyip.com for this information
    Language(s): en-eh

Translate this web site at FreeTranslation.com...

Internet Service Provider (ISP): AT&T WorldNet Services

See DSLreports.com for Internet Service Providers: The Good, Bad, Ugly

IP Address belongs to (Organization): AT&T WorldNet Services
    Host Name:

Proxy Properties Values
    Proxy IP Address: 195.87.43.32
    Proxy Country: TR-Turkey
    Proxy Country Code3: TUR
    Proxy Continent: Middle East
    Proxy Nationality: Turkish
    Proxy Nationality Plural: Turks
    Proxy State: see geo.showmyip.com for this information
    Proxy City: see geo.showmyip.com for this information

Map of Ankara at Mapquest.com
    Map of Ankara at GlobeXplorer.com
    Map of Ankara at Multimap.com
    Map of Ankara at Google Maps

Proxy Latitude: see geo.showmyip.com for this information
    Proxy Longitude: see geo.showmyip.com for this information
    Proxy Timezone (relative to UTC): see geo.showmyip.com for this information
    Proxy Internet Service Provider (ISP): Turk Telekom
    Proxy IP Address belongs to (Organization): DNS Block
    Proxy Host Name:

Browser (User-Agent) Exposed Headers Values
    Accept: */*
    XXXXXXX: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX: XXXXXXXXXX
    !: Defended- By, Zone Alarm-*filtered- By, LooNstop*
    Client-ip: 206.206.49.144
    Via: HTTP/1.1 nenc1.nava21.ne.jp (Squid/2.3.STABLE1), 1.1 TTCache02 (Jaguar/3.0-59)
    X-Forwarded-For: 12.148.163.145
    Connection: Keep-Alive

Computer/Device Properties Values
    Javascript: • Script Disabled
    • Script Disabled
    Cookies Enabled: • Script Disabled
    not available, or not enabled...
    Java Enabled: • Script Disabled
    Flash Enabled: • Script Disabled
    CPU class/type: • Script Disabled
    Screen Width: • Script Disabled
    Screen Height: • Script Disabled
    Screen Color Depth: • Script Disabled
    Window Width: • Script Disabled
    Window Height: • Script Disabled
    Browser (User-Agent) Brand: • Script Disabled
    Operating System Platform: • Script Disabled
    Browser (User-Agent) Version: • Script Disabled

Sorry this is the result using the link u posted..
    this changes every time i link ,if i have the Remote proxcy on ..if its of as you know than my real ip will Show...

4. kreon28

kreon28 Registered Member

hmm, I don't think I have enough skills to create such filters, maybe you will give me some clue what excatly changes have to be done in my user.actions ?

5. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

ehh not that hard once one learns how ,this will depend if one is willing to ,
    First thing is download the doc files of proxomitron. and start to read ,study and read some more, all the info is there ,download all the filters one can get hold of .study them and learn how thy did this,also there help files ,This is not a brush of ,thats to say icnore your asking how,as it would fill this post a mile long, the ather thing what one is prepared to allow and not allow ,block ,
    and what one is willing to put up with ,Browsing wize,the Downsides ,it took me a very long time to learn and make the filters work MY way , using the help files and hacking the heck out of XP (ridding JAVA AxtiveX and so on)
    cleaning out the MS spy protacals,and there EXE's that i did not want running
    than hacked there IE to make it run the way i wanted ..once one has this running well its a very good Browser! any how Dont be danted by the results above - its realy not hard to obtane...like i siad down load all you can find
    I dont know about your proxcy program, if it has a very in depth doc file .but thy work simalar to the one i use ..well most of them DO realy ..
    Go to Google ,enter proxcys ,than look for what you are interested with
    sites,downloads,and files dealing with proxcy programs
    there are so many that will help you understand how things work ..
    advice :- first dowload all the filters you can.Find NO matter what thy are
    then .if you have a spare pc,practice or perhaps a extra drive ,make that bootable,with a working os.or a usb box,(rack system) whatever .use it there before installing and running on you mian drive .as thy work with any winn os ...make a new directory ,one for the downloads one for the program ,away you go ,Stick with it dont give up
    and soon you will get the hang of it..
    good luck .i mean that ,as once you know how you will never surf any ather way !!
    by the way once you have it working the proxcy program ,and the way you want it ,save it to a flash drive ,copy it to any pc .in a new file name (dir), make a short cut ,tell your browser you are using it (defalt ports) add locall host ,
    and away it runs ,any OS ,up to XP ,vista i dont know..

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  6. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

Any one deciding to use a filter a few steps to think about :
    1 One may not be 100% hidden ,i would say 99.99% ,why i say that there may be someone a little smarter than the person using a filter !
    and depending what your Os is running ,Command wize , may also be helping a sniffer,
    2 what degree one wants to go to to hide one self, and Most inportanly accept the down sides ,like not playing games,view films,and in some cases a site will not load ,as your filters are to strongly set, refferings,cookies,Java scripts,and so on ..many surfers want this to run ,(inabled) also updateing ,dowloading may also suffer,the latter not a real problem But can BE,
    3 Never ever take it for granted one cant be found,if someone is realy is wanting to ,accept that and its fine. the idea is to make it hard on sniffers to be able to,or ppl that try to hack into the pc you have filterd,(first of all you have to be found ) and then be sitting there for a while as thy try to get in..but by that time 99.99% your alrealy gone. if say thy did get onto your ,proxcy ip, the ather thing thy would have false Ips that thy cant Use any how.You are simply not there and thy lose the trace.
    4 i would say Make your pc a non responding one( stealthed) in ather words all port are in block mode ,65535 of them .thats udp/tcp .and agiain not every one may want this .
    there are and will be ppl telling one it cant be done having all ports blocked! Ok thats a opinion that may be right , but i beleave ather wize and some ppl agree ,So long as one is happy with that its fine also..
    i ran many l different test telling Me i am 100% stealth.(NON resopnding)
    So that alone is a very good way to stay privite (it helps)
    now the filters come into play ,and how you set them ,to stop info from leaving you system and incoming..
    you can if one wants just have print on a page and nothing els coming in to a pc .in ather word offsite can be stoped,pic,gif,tracks,jp,flics adds and what ever you program that filter to do..
    agian not for every one , leaks can be stoped,programs from linking,logs,in and out,protcals,and any ms exe's stoped.it will depend how far you are willing to block and Just ,be able to still run and brows around ,at say 85%
    loading of sites,Yes thats the downside and very extreem side to filtering .
    So thats what i do and are willing to put up with .its a pian sometimes But one gets used to it .and find work arounds ,to download and Brows...
    So i pionted this out as there are many post made on filtering and the fore and agianst...and the debates that can come from it ..Ether one accepts it or not ,as to using a filter,and the extreem one want to use ..
    But its interesting what i have read on this and the many views on this ..
    as for myself ,i am very graitfull to scott lemmons program (free) that it was still there after his passing .and have yet to find a better one ..
    itsmej

Last edited: Mar 4, 2007
  7. Meltdown

Meltdown Registered Member

8. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/59/ --Sorry my filter stoped that page from loading - this ,I suppose one could use it ,what ever, But we are talking A proxcy Program (filtering) Its a stand alone program ,no mater what browser one is using ,or add in one is using ,program,fire wall,antie software, cant influance the program in any way ,the filter program is made to work with the browser only and what it allows out and in .nothing els .it cant change fire wall outcome,our any programs outcome ,or ip outcome, or where one links to or from ,its made to edit on the fly incoming and most inportant outgoings.that sends info to loggers,or sites ,pages sent,and receved.
    and that what the chappy ask first post , he was not happy with what the browser revealed,i anserd by posting what he could perhaps Do about it if So desired.but every bit helps and thank you for your link if it will anvace the privacy of the young man..
    now as for USER agents this can be randomized by the program on the fly
    to what ever one want to call it ,and no one can see what you or i are using.
    nor can a logger know ,as its changes all the time ,one can even leave it blank.Unkown.
    (Browser (User-Agent) Exposed Headers Values
    Accept: */*
    XXXXXXX: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX: XXXXXXXXXX
    or this ,Browser (User-Agent): Beast%Beast space Bison ver 5.00
    and so on ...
    this is what thy get from ME ...100% of the time..
    also loggers cant tell the OS i use ,cant tell what protocalls i use nor my opperating system ,(pc) cant know if i use thor ,jap, or radom ips as its done on the fly (if wanted) But agian like i pionted out
    just use this for Browsing the nett ,and dont do any thing silly ,as nothing is 100% on the nett.if ppl understant this one is fine.this is merly a extra way of staying privite , and make it hard for readers of logs ,to know who the heck
    i am and where from..but its Mostly a nice way to keep back the rat bags...
    and kiddy hakkers...
    but thats not all you also Must disable or better still remove Java of your or my pc .UNINSTALL it . disallow sripts ,and be prepared to block.on the fly what ever you make your filters Do ,. what ever xtreem one sees fit ..
    but i will say its not fore every one ,having to put up with the downside to surfing .trust this a lott of site now will or may not load

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  9. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

So a site knows you're using Firefox. Why should that be a concern? It's not as if you're the only one out there...
    Javascript reveals this - disable Javascript if it bothers you. Note that some sites won't work properly without it.
    Your Accept-Charset just lets a site know what characters it can send. Nothing personally identifiable here, just like your browser ID.
    You want to supply alternative information just to showmyip and similar test sites? What would be the point? They indicate what other sites can identify - faking information for them only would be pointless at best, deceptive at worst.

As Itsmej has pointed out, Proxomitron can change the User ID (giving what browser you use) to whatever you like. However if you consider this a big issue then you'll need to disable Javascript too since its navigator.userAgent function can detect your browser ID and Proxomitron's User Agent filter will not spoof this (Firefox's User Agent Switcher extension will, but not 100%).

10. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

X-Forwarded-For: 210.55.54.162
    Match 925: Stop Browser Window Tricks [Siamesecat]

+++RESP 947+++
    HTTP/1.0 304 Not Modified
    Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 12:57:02 GMT
    Match 925: Skip: Useless Code {R}
    +++CLOSE 947+++
    Match 925: Disable: Scripts {10.e.a}

+++RESP 949+++
    HTTP/1.0 304 Not Modified
    Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 12:57:02 GMT
    BlockList 954: in Session-CountryCodes, line 2
    +++CLOSE 949+++
    Match 925: Correct: Invalid Body and HTML {R}
    BlockList 954: in Session-ClientIP, line 2
    Match 925: Correct: Invalid Body and HTML {R}
    BlockList 954: in UserAgents, line 10
    Match 925: Mark: Page End {R}
    BlockList 954: in Session-MYAgents, line 2
    BlockList 954: in Session-MY-Fake-Proxy, line 2
    Match 925: Proxomitron Menu - Part 2 {3.in}
    BlockList 954: in Session-Via, line 2

here is a small sample of what the filter is doing
    on the fly .in and out !
    ehhh we must of be posting around the same time ,
    yep your right also ,its up to a person how and what one thinks may help
    or do as seen fit ..this is what i beleave that helps me a little to stay privite
    ...(faking information for them only would be pointless at best, deceptive at worst) i am not shure what you are saying here ?
    do you mean say that info sent , that is of no use to the site ? is and wrong?
    in my way of thinking its the whole idea ,to stay privite as there are just to many data logers that keep info and build a data base on a user,that i dont pretty well want ..what i use ,or where i am at ,or what my pc is ,my opperating system ,i dont realy want to send out.with out my consent.
    But if ppl think its ok than fine no problems.and i see your piont as well and understand that some info is not a problem to lett sites know about.
    or loggers of data..i feel that my personall info is my bizzness and not the whole worlds the fact that some know who itsmej is , is ok but only my close friends and than only what i want them to know ,some things in life one Just dont lett out ..and keeps it to ones self .Not that i can keep mutch from the wife ehhhh Um she knows all !!
    (

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  11. Jim Verard

Jim Verard Registered Member

If you want some privacy, it will be more logical to let your browser to be Firefox or IE, using Windows XP. I was trying to change earlier, before I realize this is not a clever idea.

If you wanna try anyway, using TORPARK/XEROBANK browser, in the address bar type:

about:config

Then right click and click "New" --> "String". Type or paste this into the box that pops up:

general.useragent.override

Hit "Ok" and then type in what you want your new browser and OS to be or you could even go with "Googlebot 2.1" for example. Now this will change your user agent to the Google Bot. To change the user agent back to the original one just right click on the string and click "Reset".

However, if you do some check on this site, allowing Javascript for the test, your browser and Operational System can be detected, no matter what you have changed:

http://gemal.dk/browserspy

Since there's no way to use NOSCRIPT to rescrict all functions that requires Java/Javascript to be activated for good, any site will be able to detect your browser and OS sooner or later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.