Privatefirewall opinions ?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by PaulBB, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Look ‘n’ Stop vs Privatefirewall ? I want to buy one but I'm undecided which one, i tried both and Privatefirewall is working very well, very low on resources and passed all the tests i found till now. Any opinions ?

2. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

Hi Paul,

If you want something light get Jetico1.It's free :D

3. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Thanks Banshee for suggestion but i don't like Jetico too much. I'm a ex Sygate PF user and all i need is a simple to use but powerful firewall, Privatefirewall is very simple to use and understand like it was the good old Sygate, but like i said i don't know which one to buy (LnS or Privatefirewall) and from the Jetico related discussions i see on Wilders Jetico is not so easy to configure and use. Thanks again for the quick reply. :)

4. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Just in case you do want to use Jetico here is a link moderated by Stem, he will answer any questions you have until your hearts content.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=121009

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I'm currently trialling privatefirewall on a test system and i'm quite impressed with it. Its been pretty easy to use and its passed every leak test i've thrown at it. It uses around 20mb of ram normally but i don't notice any major system slow down.

In terms of security i'd say private firewall is better but nothing much beats look n stop for its lightness.

6. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Why not just stick with good 'ol Sygate?

7. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

8. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Another good thing about pfw is its a one off lifetime license which costs around the same as a 1 year subscription to many other firewalls.

9. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

10. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

After some testing, I am starting to like this firewall.

11. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Stem,

Being a firewall moderator I take your word for it, but could you explain why you like it?

Thx

12. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hi Kees1958,
    I am starting to like this firewall based on the system protection it gives, I think it still needs improvement, mainly at this point in my testing, with control of the localhost comms. I still have to check the packet filtering, so my opinion could change.

There is another thread currently in progress for this firewall here, so if you have further questions, could you please post to that thread, to save me answering to 2 threads about the same firewall.

Thanks,
    Stem

_______
    edit: offtopic
    I have used sensiveguard in the past, I did like it at the time, but did not play much. I will install and play with it again later.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.