privateFirewall: How to block one application's all network connections

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by wildDesert, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildDesert

wildDesert Registered Member

How to block one application's all network connections including outbound and inbound traffic?

I want to block firefox's any connection and deny firefox's all traffic in the Applications tab as the following picture shows.
    fire2012-07-02_104235.png

But it does not work well. If I have launched firefox before I set firefox to deny mode in Applications tab, the firefox.exe can still access to internet normally.

privateFirewall, ver:7.0.28.1

Many thanks in advance.

2. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

And if you close Firefox and then restart it...what happens then? Can it connect?

There are two other steps you can take depending on what it is you wish to accomplish...in Settings-Advanced-Detected Applications you can set Firefox to "deny" in the "Parents" list.

You can also do the same in the "Processes" list if you don't want Firefox to be able to start and run.

By the way, that seems like a very old version of Firefox.

3. fblais

fblais Registered Member

IIRC, PWF also uses a "Trusted vendor" list, or something similar.
    One must uncheck that option, or remove Mozilla from the list. (can't check, I don't use PFW at the moment)

4. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

I totally forgot about the Trusted Publisher list since I haven't used it in years.
    Good catch! :thumb:

You can do one of two things here...you can either remove the entry for Mozilla from the list as fblais has suggested...or you can click the option to disable the entire Trusted Publisher feature altogether. Just depends on how you use PF.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.