Privatefirewall freezes Win7x64.SP1 after the needed reboot

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by soewhaty, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

The log will deliver some info, if left on default log settings.Restart PC after default setting is set.
    This is one of the minuses of the application as well as the lack of a log for the HIPS module.
    Do not bother to add IP-s or destiation ports into the rules as they will be ignored at some moment in time due to some strange reason/bug.

2. constantine76

constantine76 Registered Member

@Sm3K3R,

Thanks for the reply. That was the only thing that what makes me feel incomplete when I check his partition. It's still "blank". Other than that there seems to be no issues at all. The creation of rules prior installing(re-installing) the AV seemed to have tamed PFW. I remember that it was a bit noisy when I used it in XP. This setup wasn't. I see that there are occasional pop-ups from the HIPS module and firewall when I use it but it's just to clarify the rules set. Answering the pop-up promptly it did went away unlike in CIS it seems that it could not remember the answer always. Here are the links to the images from the PFW setup.

xttp://imgur.com/PbSkrMV.png

xttp://imgur.com/vRrwQvY.png

xttp://imgur.com/fQW6zpR.png

xttp://imgur.com/u5dxWyU.png

xttp://imgur.com/iYl0oBQ.png

xttp://imgur.com/hEeA55U.png

xttp://imgur.com/gZGRBtu.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.