Privatefirewall + DefenseWall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Eiso, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eiso

Eiso Registered Member

Hello, I was wondering if anybody was using these two together? both have firewalls. Would there be a conflict?

Also how would it pair if added Emsisoft Anti-Malware (as active w/ File Guard, Behavior Blocker and Surf Protection) and AppGuard?

For a new hardened PC.

Cheers

Sorry if I've posted in the wrong section (again)

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

DefenseWall is more than enough;) just add hitman pro and you are set to go;)

3. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

Hitman pro + MBAM :D ;)

4. Eiso

Eiso Registered Member

I'm definitely convinced for DefenseWall, but I'd also like to have Emsisoft Anti-Malware active. The issue is that they may conflict?

I'm looking to use these on a low-battery-low-resource DMZ PC to rout bad traffic through Router 1, while the main maximum secure PC sits behind the LAN of Router 2 connected to the LAN of Router 1, which apparently will make it more difficult for malicious attackers to access. I heard from a network tech that this definitely increases network security.

5. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

As far as I know, there are no conflicts with EAM at all. In case you find one, just let me know and I'll solve it.

6. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Both running smooth here.

7. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

:thumb:

8. Eiso

Eiso Registered Member

How wonderful to receive a response from the developer himself. Respect to you, sir.

Running EAM and DefenseWall HIPS with Firewall on another setup and I've never felt more secure. I'm thinking of applying it to my main setup. Both these products have a great future in the security world.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.