Privatefirewall 7.0 and repeated alerts for same process

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by allizomeniz, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

Okay, installed Privatefirewall 7.0 this morning and like it a lot except for one thing. I have a process set to run periodically from the Task Scheduler and every time it runs it has a new process ID and temp location, so PF flags it as a new process and I have to keep allowing it. I set taskeng.exe as "Trusted" so all rules for it are "Allow," but it still does it. There doesn't appear to be a way to add it to the trusted publisher list either. Microsoft is in the list but PF doesn't seem to be checking the publisher or the Task Scheduler either one. So I was wondering if anyone knows how to stop this kind of thing without disabling the Process Monitor or the process? Thanks.

2. itman

itman Registered Member

Sounds to me something is wrong with the scheduled task you set up. Are you running it with highest privledges?

3. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

I use PFW 7 and have run into this same issue. It seems that each time I run my defrag program, that particular program generates a new "temporary" process. I haven't come up with any solution. It's a slight annoyance, but not a real problem for me -- I just manually Allow it each time.

PFW might need some sort of command line option with wildcards to address this, but not sure that's going to happen:rolleyes:.

4. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

I think wildcards is exactly what it needs. I don't think this program is gonna work out for me anyway so it's back to the drawing board.

5. Barbenoire

Barbenoire Registered Member

You can disable the process monitor or lower it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.