Privatefirewall 5.0.14.2

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by PaulBB, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Privatefirewall 5.0.14.2 was released on 9 June 2007. Any changelog ?

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Vista Compatability

3. fax

fax Registered Member

4. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

That product sheet was written in 2006.
    I submitted a ticket to Privacyware regarding the current version of PrivateFirewall. Without giving specifics of the email, their current focus is rebuilding drivers for Vista certification from Microsoft. I don't know if the current version is fully compliant or not, but they are moving in that direction. Once all their products are Vista compatible, other items will be addressed.

5. Stem

Stem Firewall Expert

Hello,

We have had a number of threads concerning this firewall, and if you check, I personally do like this. At the time, I did find a few possible problems, due to lack of interception of localhost, and some problems with DNS (when the windows DNS client was disabled), all very trivial. My main concern was the EULA, in which there is an entry that the product(firewall) could be disabled(remotely) by the vendor. I have never had a reply (on forum/PM or e-mail) on this, and still have concern.

Just to remind, or show to those who have not seen the EULA for Privatefirewall:-
    Capture31-08-2006-11.44.1820-06-2007-02.41.05.jpg

6. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Regarding its licensing agreement, definitely not something I want to see. Too much like Big Brother for me.

7. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Very interesting EULA. I wonder if all software followed this type of arrangement whether there would be a large outcry about it? Imagine when you violate the Operating System's EULA, the system totally disables itself. :eek:

8. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

I think you guys are getting too paranoid; this is why:

- it's just a EULA (a piece of e-paper)
    - it's just a firewall not a operating system
    - it can be a outdated EULA
    - anyone of you tried to read the Microsoft EULA ?
    - it's just a piece of software not a house to buy so to have fear about having ''BUGS'' inside, so wake up to reality and stop being paranoids, you can uninstall it any time you wish.:D

9. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Off topic but does anyone know what type of antivirus enjine Privacy suite uses? I really like the screenshots, very clearly understandable. thanks.

Gary

10. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Last time i checked they were using CA antivirus.

11. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Thanks. I guess the standalone firewall would be best buy for me then if I should purchase that. May have to try this one out.

Gary

12. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

This agreement is still on their website under 'support'. So there is no reason to believe it is out of date. We know that it's 'just a EULA' (piece of e-paper), but so are many legal documents that appear on the web. It's still legally enforceable. Are you aware of other EULAs that state software has a mechanism to disable itself? Please let us know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.