Private forum upgrade

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Jooske, Mar 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Just seeing a note in the private forum avatars might be lost in the DCS forum upgrade today/night so the recommendation to copy your avatar and re-upload it in the new situation.
    Further better not post till we are there, for new posts today will not be copied to the new situation either.
    Tomorrow all is expected to be normal and even more enjoyable again :)

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi Jooske,

We don't have much time to make a post over here, but since you've noticed that message then you are looking at the new DCS site. We are fixing some missing files and broken links now, please all be aware that there are bound to be broken links over the next few days.

This is because the new site is a new design, which is more organised.. saves time for us with the large number of files on the site :)

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Gavin, i don't see that message now anymore, but i see the design changed completely, new parts, very attractive and promising. Hope to really betatest the forum soon! Euhmmm yes, betatesters forum euhmm too .......

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

:)

Forum is up.. you should have access to the TDS users only forum and of course Beta forum.

We added a user group for TDS licensed users and the TDS section is still restricted, however most of the forum is now viewable for everyone ! (pending registration and activation)

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

I don't know where the betatesters part is stored Gavin, i don't see it anyway, with surfing around i jump on "forum down" pages at times.

But you guys are organising it, so we can mention the things we see in a more organised way over there.

I do like the new organisation as far as i understand it till now and see lots more.

6. Andreas1

Andreas1 Security Expert

Hi folks,
    after not having been able to access the new dcs forums for a week or so - and after just having found the reason for it, i think it can't hurt to post it here:
    The IP of www.diamondcs.com.au has changed and by now all those DNS should have the new IP. But there's another place where the old IP may lie and spoil all attempts to get to the new forums at that site: the hosts file.
    I have included a couple of domainname-IP values in my hosts file (actually, all my bookmarks) to spare the time it takes to resolve them by DNS. Only i have to remember to delete/re-enter those entries where an IP change has occured.
    Now all is well again - if someone else sees nothing but the "forum down" message, he or she might have a look in the hosts file...

CU,
    Andreas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.