Private Firewall Updated (again)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Scoobs72, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

nice to see PFW doing well at matousec.third i believe.

2. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Disabling the Process monitor DOES NOT REMOVE pop ups regarding all kinds of processes and the annoying pop up that i am never able to see and respond to at restart or turn off in W7 32 bit (when i use any Private Firewall version).
    I am talking about pop ups not related to connection of course.Loop back still not intercepted ,logging feature still strange.

3. itman

itman Registered Member

Are you sure this is not the flash popup at boot time indicating PF has started? You can disable that in Settings -> Display Options.

As far as Process Monitor alerts, have you checked that all processes are allowed except Internet facing apps that should be set to limited? You check this by right clicking on any application shown in the Applications section. Then select Advanced Applications setting. PF has been know to block or set to Limited apps that shouldn't be - most likely as a result of you responding as Deny etc. to a previous prompt.

Since it appears you don't want to respond to PF alerts, go into Settings again and select Standard mode. Running in this mode will greatly reduce your popups.

4. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

That is an absolutely superb description of how these tests work and operate.
    At the moment i am using KIS 2013 and i ran the clt.exe and it showed i scored 320/340.What it did not show was how i could improve my security.It displayed where i failed but doesnt explain how i can improve my security.
    But as you so rightly expressed,in a real environment the malware would be dead at the first gate.
    Its with regret that im not using PFW,but for some odd reason it simply does not like my system.Im monitoring its developement and hopefully if the small issues are fixed then i most certainly will try PFW again.
    Regards.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.