Private firewall SUA problem.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by pandorax, Jun 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pandorax

pandorax Registered Member

PFW doesn't work correct under Win7 x86 Standard User Account. I selected manual settings and set "disable auto response". It fails Zemana tests. It doens't remember the process settings. In Admin account, it passes Zemana tests, It works perfectly as expected.

Could anyone confirm if PWF works under Standard User Account without issues? And please test with these test programs; http://zemana.com/SecurityTests.aspx

2. Scoobs72

Scoobs72 Registered Member

Re: Privatefirewall SUA problem.

It's worked fine for me in SUA. I never ran the Zemana tests against it, but I did run the Spyshelter tests and it passed most of them. I'll see if I can check it out again against the Zemana tests

3. pandorax

Hi,

I found out the problem. Zemana signature was in Trusted Publisher List. Thats why Privatefirewall failed. I removed signature from list and Private firewall passed :oops:

4. gery

gery Registered Member

Avast firewall does not show any warning so it means that i have no protection against KL:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :thumbd:

5. pandorax

Avast doesn't have HIPS component i guess. It is not firewall job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.