Privacy Suite stops AVG E-mail Scanner

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by jagotm, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jagotm

jagotm Registered Member

I am new to the privacy suite but have noticed a strange effect.

When my computer starts up the e-mail scanner section of the Free AVG 7.0 package fails to activate.

Suspecting a conflict I removed Privacy suite and the problem did not occur again. I have recently re-installed privacy suite and the problem has re-appeared.

Is this a known problem or I have I missed a vital step in the setup / user instructions ?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jagotm,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

First of all please download the latest build (748 ) of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

Then if the problem remains please let us know: does Acronis Privacy Expert Suite 8.0 work correctly? If not, please do the following?

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the 'Save' option in the 'File' menu (or 'Action' menu under Windows 2000), enter the 'File name' and set the field 'Save as type' to 'System Information File (*.NFO)';
    - Send the result file to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

If Acronis program works, please try to contact to Free AVG Tech Support.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  3. jagotm

jagotm Registered Member

Information sent to the support desk as requested.

I am currently running Version 8 build 748

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jagotm,

If you do not receive any response from Acronis Support Team within 48 hours please let me know your Acronis Request # which will be sent to you in autoreply.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Sihrokova

5. Segovia

Segovia Registered Member

I'm also using Free AVG 7.0.323 and I don't have this problem you describe. I wonder if it's something specific to your configuration or such.

I know it's not much help to you, but the fact that I have them co-existing together means that it is possible. I have no special configurations. Both programs are running with default settings, for the most part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.