Privacy Settings Extension for Mozilla

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by haakon, Nov 15, 2015.

1. haakon

haakon Guest

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/privacy-settings/

In Cyberfox Intel x64 Portable, I've been using this since it came out in June and it's been getting some pretty good development since.

A toolbar button click drops down the panel where all the settings are viewed and there are four profiles. There is currently no method to roll your own profile but whatever you change is remembered between browser restarts.

No browser restart is needed to effect any changes so you can bang between the four profiles or your toggled preference(s) at will.

Each preference has a padlock and eye representing security or privacy respectively. A dot means not applicable. States are indicated by green locked padlocks and slashed eyes or gray unlocked padlocks and open eyes.

Black and white on/off sliders allow for ease of at-a-glance.

A mouse hover over a preference presents clues.

The default font size 12 can be changed 10 to 16 in the Extensions' Options.

Here's a screenie of the Defaults selection. I prefer Privacy & Security which is Full Privacy with the three ...safebrowsing.enabled On. This works for 99.99% of my browsing habits and for the rarely-visited sites broken by dom.storage.enabled Off and/or security.ssl.require_safe_negotiation On, some quick clicks is a temporary fix. The Quick Clicks Fix - always a favorite. :D

PrivSetts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
  2. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Thanks, will check it out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.