Privacy Guardian!

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by rookieman, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

Would this program be as effective as Window Washer in cleaning your computer?:(

2. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

I received a license for it, but haven't got around to installing it yet. I'm testing out an AV right now, next week a new HIPS and then PrivacyGuardian is next on my list. Hopefully someone may come along with some imput for you before then. Just curious, did you get the promotional-license offered recentlyo_O

3. rookieman

Yes it was,I've installed it and it seems to work fine.The key is good for a year.:D

4. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

From what I read, it seemed a lot like CCleaner maybe. Does it have any sort of back up or restore function before cleaning. I have done searches in this forum and have found very little about it. (I received the 1 year promo-lic. too) I've used some cleaners (especially duplicate-cleaners) that do more damage than good, so I try to do as much research as possible before using them. Besides, CCleaner does a pretty good job! (I've never used Window Washer?)

5. rookieman

Great point!I only ran it once,I didn't see a backup feature but will take a closer look for sure.I used WWasher quite a while ago and i don't remember this having that feature either.Perhaps i'll ditch it for Eraser.It's worth 39.95 from their store,perhaps someone else who knows more about it will put in their 5 cents worth.

6. snowdrift

snowdrift Registered Member

Properly configured, in my opinion, CCleaner (esp. the 2.0 new release) does as much as Windows Washer. You have to research and study how to set it up on the forums, tweak it to match what you need, but once done, it is an excellent alternative.

I use Windows Washer as well. It's fine, but does cost. There is no undo feature in its new release. But then again, an undo feature does negate privacy, doesn't it?

CCleaner can be configured to add in user-defined files and folders to wipe. That is excellent.

Also check out sdelete.exe here:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/Security/SDelete.mspx

I have custom batch scripts that wipe my three drives every night, alternating, with three wipes each with pseudorandom data.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.