Privacy Expert suite cannot wipe IE history thoroughly

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by lrenglish, Jun 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lrenglish

lrenglish Registered Member

I've read many articles about cleaning IE histories,and most of them prefer to use Privacy Expert suite because it can destroy index.dat and cannot be found any records with "IE history viewer"or something else.But one of my friends has found that there is a kind of software which can reveal all the web surfing records even after formating the disk and reinstall XP.That means when a person browses some websites,not only be recorded at the ie folders but also be recorded deeply under the operation system,maybe at the very beginning of the FAT.And someone has programmed a kind of software which searches not the index.dat,not the current operating system,but from somewhere else.So,all the softwares which aimed at wiping IE history doesn't effect with such kind of searching.Or we can conclude that such softwares don't search existed files in the current operating system but deep with the hard disk.While most of wiping softwares aims at wiping the files located in current system.
    My friend has tried trackseraser,acronis privacy expert suite,Privacy Eraser Pro,CyberScrub Privacy Suite and other similar softwares but none of them can effectively delete surfing records thoroughly.
    Does anyone know what kind of methods the software used which can examine the surfing records even after formating the whole disk?
    Only low level format can truely wipe the traces now.
    I hope privacy expert can improve its function to do this.Thanks
    I am not an English speaker,so maybe I cannot express myself very clearly.If so,tell me,and I will explain further more.

2. englishman

englishman Registered Member

Can you be a little more specific : why did your friend find that .... trackseraser,acronis privacy expert suite,Privacy Eraser Pro,CyberScrub Privacy Suite and other similar softwares ..... didn't pass his test ? Did any do better than the others ? o_O

3. lrenglish

Thanks for your reply.In my opinion,this kind of software cannot be compared because it's meaningless.I think the purpose that we use this kind of software is to wipe out all the information left beyond the system. For example ,there are 500 websites we have browsed,after using such wiping software,one of them can wipe 400 and others can wipe out 100.I think none of them is good.because what we want to achieve is to wipe all the information left.If the software cannot fulfil this funtion,it's useless.Even though it can wipe out 99% of the information,it's useless.Maybe 1% left is what we don't want others to see.

4. englishman

englishman Registered Member

So what do you recommend we do ? :doubt:

5. lrenglish

Before giving the computer(especially notebook) when needed,we can use killdisk to wipe disk c(system disk) and restore purely system backuped by ghost.In this condition,nothing will be left.But it will cost some time maybe 15minutes for about 3G partition to be wiped thoroughly.And it will cost about 3 minutes to restore ghost file......
    none of the softwares without changing the running system can wipe information thoroughly.
    Fortunately most of the users doesn't need to wipe out information thoroughly.But I must do this because someone else will use the same notebook with me periodly.
    Thanks......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.