privacy expert 8 keylogger?

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by riverview, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riverview

riverview Registered Member

My privacy expert suite 8 has a service running all the time.It is (paamsrv.exe)
    My TDS-3 does not pick this up as a keylogger.I can not stop the sevice and have tried every way i know how.Does anyone else have this running? My wintasks pro shows it running.I bought the software from acronis online just 3 days ago. o_O

2. jimmie

jimmie Registered Member

paamsrv.exe (system) 3772K is also present as a process with my
    Windows XP Pro.
    Don't know if a problem or not but for the moment, I don't think so.
    Why do you think it is a problem?
    I am using Privacy Expert 8/714.

3. riverview

I typed paamsrv.exe in google search and it came to regrun.Its some sort of detection software like spysweeper.They say its a keylogger.TDs-3 does not pick it up on my machine so I do not have a clue.I'll wait to read more info.

I also posted in the trojan and virus section to get a larger response.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  4. zebis

zebis Registered Member

I think it is part of acronis privacy expert suite 8,

It is what is known as a process activity monitor or something to that effect.

I do not think it is a problem but it is part of suite 8. I myself noticed that service running as well and upon researching it, found it to be part of the suite 8.

Don't think you need to worry about it.

Regards,

5. jimmie

jimmie Registered Member

Yes...if you "Google" paamsrv.exe as you did, it does report that that file is a Trojan/Backdoor program. Now, that has my attention! I appreciate your "heads-up".
    I exited the Acronis Spyware Shield and Pop-Up Blocker running in the "Tray" and paamsrv.exe remained active. I do note in my Task Manager that the memory usage for that file is not static and does change from time to time.
    I checked my other computer which does not have Privacy Expert on it and paamsrv.exe is not present.
    I have local friend who has Acronis Privacy Expert. And, today, he removed the program from his PC because he did not like it. I'll contact him tomorrow to determine his status with the paamsrv.exe file.
    I ran a "search" on my computer and I find this:
    paamsrv.exe
    Location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\ProcessActivityMonitor
    This indicates to me that it is part of the Privacy Expert Suite Program.
    Therefore, for the moment, I feel all is okay and there is not a problem. But I will continue to look into this matter. Please keep me posted of any new facts. Thanks!

6. riverview

Sure,will update if any info arises.

7. jimmie

jimmie Registered Member

My friend reports that after removing Privacy Expert v8 from his PC, he does not find the paamsrv.exe file.
    He installed Privacy Expert v7 and paamsrv.exe remains absent.

8. riverview

more info for you.Just go into services and disable process activity monitor.It seems it is just a part of the new suite.Go figure

9. zebis

zebis Registered Member

I guess that what i have already stated is true, it is part of suite 8,

10. jimmie

jimmie Registered Member

Yes, zebis....it seems paamsrv.exe is exactly as you reported; part of v8.0.

riverview reported TDS-3 did not pick up the file as a Trojan when he discovered it? I would think that is because it is not a Trojan. What do you think?

11. zebis

zebis Registered Member

I have researched that service as well when i first installed suite 8, I did notice it running after install. However , after removing suite 8 do to a serious issue, I t went away.

As far as know its a process activity monitor that probably acts similar to Diamond cs Process guard. Not exactly like it, But maybe some similar characteristics.

I do not think this is a key logger at ALLLLL!!!! . Just part of suite 8.

Nothing to fear.

regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.