Privacy and Technology: What Happened to Your Constitutional Rights?

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by lotuseclat79, Aug 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

2. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Let me add a seventh thing that ticks me off...WTF (replace the word "what" for "where") in the Constitution do any of these new issues even get mentioned? Are we just re-writing the damn thing so it'll work better for our century? I'm awful sorry, but it doesn't work that way, no matter what the ACLU, the courts (who are a good 90% politically motivated), the White House and so on, like to tell us. There isn't a single part of the Constitution that is outdated, even if we all start flying around in cars like we're the "Jetsons", it can still be used exactly the way it is written.

What's really going on is it is being "interpreted" (what, was it written in ancient Gaulish and needs interpreting?) to fit with the views of current government and political groups, and of course the "rights" organizations. That's all that is going on, and we're content to just sit back and let it continue on. You all but have to have permission to have a differing opinion anymore, without some ACLU lawyer staring you down, if you're an honest judge, you can be overruled within hours by the Justice Dept. God help you if you have any sort of religion.

Is it really going to take complete loss of rights for people to get the picture? If it is, then we're screwed, because at that point, it's too late. I'm not anti-government in any sense. But do you really expect people who can't even make a decision about debt without months of in-fighting, to look out for you? Do you really want them to?

3. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

:thumb: I wish the politicians and courts got it like you do.

4. nix

nix Registered Member

I agree. Let's enforce the prohition against general warrants. The government should not be able to require or partipate in data collection or retention without a specific showing of probable cause and the swearing of a narrowly tailored warrant.

The abrogation of this practice led to a revolution once already.

5. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Q: What Happened to Your Constitutional Rights?

A: Gone with the Patriot Act...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.