prioritizing startup order of security programs?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by subferno, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subferno

subferno Registered Member

Is it possible to prioritize what gets started up first when Windows XP loads or does it really matter?

It seems like KAV and Outpost firewall are the last icons to show up in my system tray when Windows loads up. I dont know if the icons are just slow to show up or their services do start up after other less important programs.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

u can prioritize startup items with startup faster. but i dont think its necessary; KAV's service likely started before the gui and if u have the latest (3.5) then it should also have been started.

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

It's been my experience that it mainly makes a difference with things like disappearing icons. RegRun lets you change the order in which things start up in the registry and in the startup directories.

4. subferno

subferno Registered Member

Is RegRun a standalone application or are you referring to Greatis RegRun Security Suite.

Are there any free apps that does what I need?

5. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Not wishingto jump in too quick

Regrun has a start up delay tool which is very useful for this sort of thing although startupFaster is good

6. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Does Startup Faster and RegRun have control over when ALL processes are loaded, for example - "services", or do they just control the order in which "programs" are loaded? And are the options for any "delay" user-assigned, or pre-determined (i.e. - 1, 2,. 3 seconds...or 5/10, etc.)?

7. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Maybe startup delayer might be worth a try? (freeware)http://www.r2.com.au/software.php?page=2&show=startdelay
    ellison

8. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

the option for delay are user assigned for startup faster and i think it also controls services, i think. as for regrun, i dont know. ive never used it for that feature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.