Printer Problem?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by rookieman, Sep 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

I bought a Canon printer a while ago and it stopped scanning for me.I contacted them for new Win7 64 bit drivers to see if that was the problem.It didn't solve the problem :( I figured it must be the usb cable or the printer was the problem here.I bought a new printer and cable and I still got the same problem!!I have switched usb ports and that doesn't fix it.By the way both of these printers will print fine but won't scan.Any suggestions on this??

2. ABee

ABee Registered Member

I don't know anything about Canon printers, but I do know how to Google:

http://www.google.com/search?sclien...canon printer + won't scan&btnK=Google Search

One solution offered is to simply unplug the printer, then plug it back in again.
    Another is to install some 'Navigator' software, another is to go to 'Printer-Devices' and use the scan button there.

No doubt there are several other solution possibilities mentioned at some of those links.

Giving as much info as possible is helpful when seeking help.
    You apparently use Win7 64-bit, but what is the model number of your printer?

And have you checked the Windows Event Viewer for related error messages?

3. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

I'm using a MP250 Canon All in one.It kept giving me a oxoooooo15 error when it tried to scan.I might do a complete uninstall and go back to the Canon site and reinstall those drivers again.This is what Canon emailed me.I tried this several times with no luck.
    Once there, select Windows 7 (x64) under
    > "Select
    > > OS".
    > > > After
    > > > > selecting Windows 7 (x64), you will need to
    > > download
    > > > and
    > > > > install the following files:
    > > > >
    > > > > 1. mp250swin104ea24.exe
    > > > > 2. mpnexwin304ej.exe
    > > > >
    > > > > Connect the printer to your computer only
    > when
    > > > prompted
    > > > > during driver installation.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.