printer help needed

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iceni60, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

can you print labels with a printer? i want to print an address on a sticky label which i need to send in the morning. can printers do that?

2. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

Yes including printing directly on an envelope - You need to use a Word program to do this. Do you have Word installed?

3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, Peaches. i didn't think of printing it onto the envelope. i've got Open Office, i might go and ask somewhere else where more people use Open Office. though i think i'll probably end up writting it on myself :D

it's a really big envelope, i'm not even sure it will fit in the printer.

* i wonder if the people i'm sending it to will think there's something wrong with me if the address ends up covering the whole envelope o_O *

4. Alec

Alec Registered Member

You don't even really have to have Word, either. It just helps lining up the printing with the labels since Word has templates included for the most common commercial labels. I'm sure Open Office can manage as well, although I don't know if it comes with pre-supplied templates or not.

The main thing is that you have to make sure that you have labels compatible with your printer, especially if you have a laser printer. You certainly don't want sticky labels peeling or curling off and onto your laser printer's transfer drum or fuser. Also, if you just have individual labels that are meant for hand-written purposes, you most likely won't be able to use those, of course, because they are likely too small to be fed through a printer. You need the full sheet labels.

5. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi iceni60,

In OpenOffice.org Writer, click File >> New >> Labels and it will bring up a screen so you can set up to print labels.

HTH ;) ...

Attached Files:

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Alec, it's a big label and i think it should work in the printer.

thanks, puff. i'll have a look now, it's still on the table behind me atm, but i'm going out in about 30 mins :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.