Primary partitions not restored

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by s660117, Dec 28, 2013.

1. s660117

s660117 Registered Member

Hi,
    I had an occasion to restore my system from a backup of the primary drive. I am running Paragon Hard Disk Manager under Windows 7. I restored the system using my restore CD after selecting a full backup archive. The Operations details window on the Restore Windows screen issued messages saying that it was restoring each of the Logical partitions but never issued such a message for any of the three Primary partitions.
    When I booted after the restore was complete, I get message Reboot or select proper boot device immediately after the Dell screen goes away.
    Any help would be appreciated,
    s660117

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  3. s660117

s660117 Registered Member

Thanks for your reply, Robin, but I fail to see how the link offers a solution.
    I am running HDM version 2012.
    I invoked restore from the initial screen rather than from the advanced screen.
    Once again, the process restored all 6 of my extended partitions, but none of the three primary partitions on my machine. I tried both of the archives that I currently have with the same result. After restore, I went back into restore and the display of my current system showed the C drive as unallocated. I tried to restore only the C partition, but ended up with the same message upon reboot: Reboot or select proper boot device.
    Next, I selected the advanced options and attempted to restore from there. To my surprise, it first restored the three primary partitions and then went onto the logical ones. The process is still running, but looks good so far.
    There clearly seems to be a problem with the restore when it is invoked from the primary menu.
    s660117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.