price variations!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by maaster, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maaster

maaster Registered Member

All may be shocked on reading this....I am from INDIA and in ESET India website the price of ESS 5 is 1199 rupees but in a onlne store (flipkart.com),the price is just 675 rupees!!!In the official website it is twice the rate in flipkart!!!This is really disgusting ..even the renewal price in ESET website is higher compared to flipkart...why is this so?
    Do anyone have ESET India's email id to contact them?

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      231.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      156.8 KB
      Views:
  2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Each ESET reseller or distributor will have their own pricing. I can't get into how this works, mostly because I honestly don't know. You CAN reach ESET India by going to http://www.esetindia.com and clicking either "Contact" at the bottom or "Support" at the top for their contact information. If they know or are able to tell you why there's such a price difference, feel free to add that info here so others will know.

3. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

The price differs in almost every country, But from time to time some outlets will offer eset products at a substantially reduced price, this isn't exclusive to eset , but i can agree, buying from eset direct is and always has been substantially more expensive, good for eset but not for the consumer

4. maaster

maaster Registered Member

No replies from ESET India yet!

5. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

dude i am from India as well,its better you buy eset from a local reseller or flipkart,personally i got it from a local reseller 3 year license for EAV with box and all at half the price of whats shown on the esetindia website now. :)

6. TechSavvy

TechSavvy Registered Member

:rolleyes: I feel thats general strategy of all the products. Fripcart, ebay, rediff etc provide much better deals, whats available on official website or at a showroom. The only point of concern can be Genuine and authenticity of the product. In case its duplicate, we lose all.
    May be these websites or dealers purchase these products in bulk and get good bargain.
    For any software products, users can go to official website to purchase online, or can visit retail store or can purchase through selling sites, wherever u get best deal ;)

7. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

if its retail boxed and it has the lic code inside you can verify that right on the eset web page to make sure its legit...

8. TechSavvy

TechSavvy Registered Member

Yes, but only after you make payment & get delivery of retail box. Now it depends on website policy and seller, if they give you refund in case product is not working :D

9. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

maybe see if anyone else has bought from them before here or otherwise...

10. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

flipkart is genuine alright,it depends on how much you trust a particular reseller or a website to be honest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.