Prevx's outbound firewall capabilities?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Drew99GT, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drew99GT

Drew99GT Registered Member

I have the Comodo firewall and just installed Prevx, which apparently has some outbound network control. How does Pervx's outbound protection compare to a true software firewall like Comodo? Reason I ask is I'm considering uninstalling Comodo and running the Windows firewall for inbound protection and Prevx for outbound protection. I'm also behind a firewall router for inbound protection. Thanks

2. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I asked a similar question earlier. I was wondering if I could use a HIPS program (such as Antihook) as an controller of outbound communications and still retain the Windows XP firewall to control inbound traffic to provide adequate protection without having to install a totally new firewall program? I don't need to control port access (such as opening or closing functions), so a pure firewall functions are not that important to me.

3. egghead

egghead Registered Member

I’m testing Prevx1R as only protection together with a firewalled router.

I have run the leaktests at http://www.firewallleaktester.com/tests.php
    I have run all the tests except the immunity(could not find that one), which is not a leaktest anyway.

Prevx1R blocked 13 out of 17 leaktests (=76%) :cool:, bringing them in the top tier.

When you take the immunity thing out of the above mentioned test then the results are:

1.Kis 14/17=82%
    2.Jetico, ZAP, Private Firewall and Prevx1R 13/17= 76%

You are behind a router so focusing on controling outgoing communication is the way to go for you.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.