Prevx1R help please, it don't like Opera!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Slovak, Mar 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

With Prevx up and running I cannot download any file with a .exe extension from anywhere, but .zip files etc. download just fine. I don't have this problem when I try to download the same .exe files with IE or FF. I asked Prevx support, but they have failed to respond. See attached file for the error I get. They all say access denied. When I shut down Prevx I can download them just fine. How do I allow these downloads with Prevx?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2006
  2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Is it for all sites or only specific sites? Try to download something from windows site (not updates, just anything), or maybe from mozilla.
    It could be that certain sites are blacklisted for downloads, due to shady contents doubts.
    Mrk

P.S. You have beautiful icons in the systray, I don't recognize some of them, what are they?

3. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Icons are K-9, KAV, Opera, Rainlander, Prevx, XaMp (xm radio), Pegasus Mail, D-Link Network Control.

4. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Same thing on Microsoft, tried to download MDAC and the validation tool, which is a .exe gave same error.

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Prevx has this probation thing.
    Check that Opera is not in jail. And if it is, move it to probation - which is their way of handling software they are not familiar with.
    I had a problem with something, I honestly don't remember which one. It was jailed, and had to move it out of jail (drag) to probation. And it was a legit program.
    Mrk

6. Slovak

Slovak Registered Member

Nope, nothing at all in jail or anywhere else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.