Prevx1 vs System Spyware Interrogator(SSI)

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Perman, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Have you heard SSI? by Spyware Data .com It claims it is host to one of the largest public malware research databases hosting info on over 1.5 million files. Their method of verifying malwares, to me, is somewhat similiar to Prevx1's, but to what extent? Can someone tell us why Prevx1 is superior to SSI or vice versa? Thanks.

2. ghiser1

ghiser1 Developer

Just for info.

Prevx1 central database currently holds details for 61,075,175 files.
    And by the time I typed that it went to 61,075,542 files.

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

While both do malware research, SSI is more of an HJT type tool, in which entries are reviewed by live HJT log analyzers with known entries marked as such or ommitted. Prevx1 is a behavioral anti-malware program.

You could certainly use both if you like, SSI is (last I knew) just an on-demand tool, much like HijackThis. As far as the research site goes, it's just like any other anti-malware vendor, it's just that Prevx keeps tabs on good and unknown files, and has a record of each and every file ever seen in the community and gives you multiple ways to search the database.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.