Prevx1 - Is it enough?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dja2k, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

My wishes are quite simple and clear.
    I need one (or more) softwares that are able to stop the EXECUTION of possible malwares in my frozen snapshot. That's all I want.

My frozen snapshot takes care of the removal during the next reboot.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Erik. What questions. If your talking about Anti-Executable, I looked at it and just didn't like what I read about how it worked. Ask Away.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

In that case, I put Anti-Executable off the list.
    Besides Anti-Executable has a few problems with freezing snapshots. Freezing adds, removes and replaces data and certain AE-security-settings cause errors in FDISR during freezing, while others don't.
    These errors have a logical explanation, but they are annoying for practical usage of FDISR & AE.

So it has to be one of these combinations :
    1. Prevx1 and SSM or
    2. Online Armor and SSM
    unless there is something better.

Keep in mind that this is about stopping the execution of malwares on my computer, because a frozen snapshot doesn't do that and that's why KillDisk virus destroyed FDISR in one of aigle's tests.
    I don't mind the temporary installation of malwares on my computer as long they can't do their evil job and my frozen snapshot removes them anyway.
    This means I start with a clean computer every morning and after each reboot during the day.

When I have these anti-executable softwares, I need only two basic snapshots :

One off-line snapshot
    That can't be infected, because it has NO internet connection. I disabled it completely in Windows.
    If my off-line snapshot ever gets infected, it will prove that FDISR has leaks.
    This is my most healthy snapshot and from there I'm able to recover my system in any possible way.
    This is the only snapshot that contains Acronis True Image Home and FDISR of course and where I can keep my external backup harddisk off-line. I only have to pay attention to turn it off, when I leave my off-line snapshot.
    My external harddisk contains all the image backup files and archived snapshots.
    I also use this snapshot for defragging, creating CD/DVD's and to work in a quiet environment, because it has no security or internet softwares and therefore no disturbing security messages and popups.
    This snapshot is like a computer in the old days, when internet wasn't invented yet.

One on-line frozen snapshot
    This snapshot is for on-line activities, like surfing, downloading files, whatever.
    The fact that it's frozen means that it will remove any change (good and bad) in that snapshot during the next reboot and that keeps my on-line snapshot clean without using scanners.
    I only have to stop the execution of malwares during a period of 8-16 hours.
    As long I can stop the execution, my data partition [D:] will be safe too.

Other on-line snapshots
    I still have 8 bootable snapshots for testing.

That's the plan, if I get those anti-executable softwares. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.