Prevx v911 error

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by sevenstar, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sevenstar

sevenstar Registered Member

Hello Prevx Help. I've become frustrated with Prevx support, so I'm asking for help here. I've had a free version of Prevx for several years. I recently ran a scan that reported I had several items to clean. One of the items to clean required a license, and the other item did not require a license (I think). I asked Prevx to clean the free item, assuming that the item requiring a license would not be cleaned. After Prevx attempted to clean the item/items, I received a v911 error. The v911 error indicates that a cracked version of Prevx was installed at some point. That was only possible if the Prevx web site had a cracked version, because that's the only place I've ever downloaded Prevx. The only exception was a freebie I received from either the Wilders site or Castlecops (4-5 years ago or so). The support person insisted that I'd had a cracked version at some point.:mad: I don't normally get my dander raised, but I think his reply was ridiculous. All wanted to do was install the free version, which I had been using for some time. Again, every version of Prevx that I've had installed was from the Prevx web site. I went to Prevx.com and downloaded SafeOnline. I uninstalled and reinstalled Prevx 3-4 times and received the v911 error every time. Support sent me software to do a forced uninstall, which did not prevent the error after a subsequent install. Support did not budge insisting that I'd had a cracked version. :mad: :mad: I'd like to keep using Prevx because it's a concept that I always thought was the right way to fight malware. Any help is definitely appreciated!
    Allen

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Sorry for the inconvenience. I've PM'd you with a fix - let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

3. sevenstar

sevenstar Registered Member

Thanks PrevxHelp. I'm back in business!!!
    Allen
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.