PrevX v3 FULL and non-admin account

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by dhous, Jul 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhous

dhous Registered Member

I installed PrevX v3 FULL (NOT FREE) under Admin account on my XP SP3, works well. Then I created an user account for my wife and when looging into this non-admin account PrevX tries to install itself, fails and refuses to continue in installation due to non-admin account. This behaviour repeates (install pop-ups again and again) and I am not able to have it running in the same manner as in my Admin account. It says "install under Admin account" but it is already installed under my Admin account. Could you help me with the problem? Tried both with EXE link provided in information on FULL version and with EXE at http://info.prevx.com/downloadprevx.asp based on advice from support ptovided some time ago but the problems stil persists. Contacted support but no reply so far for a long time.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Just to clarify - is the issue which you're experiencing: you're installing into the administrator account, then using the user switching feature to switch into a limited user account and it is then not starting properly?

I'll forward this onto QA to see if they can reproduce any issues. Could you also let me know what other security software you're using or if you have any non-standard configuration which you think could affect how this would work?

Thanks! :)

3. dhous

dhous Registered Member

Ad 1)
    exactly as you say. I wanted to use rather limited account than Admin account for better security

Ad 2)
    Norton Internet Security 2009, Zemana Antilogger, Rollback Rx v9, XP SP3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.