Prevx scheduled scans possible?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by acr1965, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have my scheduled scans set for Sundays. But Prevx insists on scanning multiple times per day. I have tried everything under the sun for Prevx to only scan on Sundays. Nothing works. I do not want my computer scanned multiple times per day - I don't care how fast the scan is either. The scans always seem to happen when I am in the middle of something important.

How is getting a scheduled scan that difficult? Is there a way to keep Prevx from scanning my computer several times per day?

Attached Files:

2. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Hi acr1965,
    I think you should check "Start scan exactly at scheduled time" and it should
    work.

3. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I agree that it's worth trying. My experience though has been that scheduled scanning doesn't work properly no matter what the settings, and I know other people who have a similar problem.

On my system Prevx is set to scan daily at a fixed time but sometimes it misses a scheduled scan completely and will go more than 24 hours without a scan. At other times it fires up randomly - occasionally more than once in a day - usually when I'm using the machine. Also, the scheduled scans never start if the PC is in power-saving mode at the time the scan is due to take place.

This has been previously reported and Joe (AKA PrevxHelp) and I have had email correspondence over this, but the conversation never reached any definite conclusion. I've always found Prevx scheduled scanning to be extremely quirky. I hope this is something that will get sorted out properly in version 4.

4. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I will try- thanks for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.