Prevx scanning empty optical station?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Jeroen1000, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeroen1000

Jeroen1000 Registered Member

PrevX is trying to scan my optical drives. But they are empty, still it is listing files?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

If it sees that a file has loaded from an optical drive previously, it will try to scan it in the future just to be sure that anything remains detected. Windows manages optical drives well and Prevx isn't trying to spin up the drives so you shouldn't have a problem :)

3. Jeroen1000

Jeroen1000 Registered Member

No it is not causing any problems. I just thought it was strange and might indicate some kind of problem. So it isn't really scanning that file but trying to scan it? Is this how I should interpret?

edit: it is having some negative side effect: scanning now takes a lot longer.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

It is just checking to see if the file exists or is currently accessible. If your scans are taking longer, you may wish to consider uninstalling and reinstalling, or send a scan log to report@prevxresearch.com by clicking Tools - Save Scan Results and we will see what we can do to optimize your scan speed :)

5. affe

affe Registered Member

Well, the same thing also happens with empty floppy drives (believe or not there are still computers around using them..) And those empty drives make loud noises while Prevx is trying to scan non-existent files on them. Please fix this, uninstall/reinstall is not a solution. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.