Prevx SafeOnline being reconfigured by adware

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by sded, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sded

sded Registered Member

I have noticed lately that the SafeOnline configuration shows various sites being turned off by Prevx. They show as "user configured" but I had nothing to do with the reconfiguration. See attachment. At first I just deleted the entries, but those shown have had the protection turned up to max by me-the entrys previously (not by me) had protection turned off. WTF?

Attached Files:

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I suspect those ads were seen on protected websites and inherited the protection of the website. You could reset configuration if needed but it shouldn't be a problem (and adware wouldn't be able to change the Prevx configuration so you needn't worry :))

3. sded

sded Registered Member

I suspected that, but how about "definitely does not give your users a warm feeling about Prevx SafeOnline when they see it". :thumbd: Turning off protection for unknown ad sites and then blaming the user for it o_O

4. vojta

vojta Registered Member

If I understand it right, you don't have protection off for those sites. In fact, you have it set to maximum.

5. sded

sded Registered Member

I reset them to maximum in response to finding them turned off by Prevx. I wanted to leave them as examples, but not with SafeOnline turned off. And also want to see if Prevx turns them off again. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.