Prevx RC 3.0.4.195

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by Triple Helix, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Dont know if this is desired but after visiting a https website you get an error from Opera (set as default browser) when clicking on links from IM messages (in this case Miranda):

Untitled 1.jpg

edit: Disabling SafeOnline everything works without problems.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2009
  2. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Very appropriate and balanced response...in the circumstances. ;)

3. Baldrick

I would like to comment...but i won't! :blink:

4. Heco

Heco Registered Member

Hello Baldrick :)

« Messieurs les Anglais, tirez les premiers ! » (Fontenoy battle-1745) LOL

Regards,
    Herve
    THE END

5. Baldrick

C’est précisément la raison pour laquelle j’ai dit ‘J’aimerais bien passer un commentaire…mais je ne le ferais pas' !

Cordialement
    Baldrick
    LA FIN

6. simmikie

simmikie Registered Member

hey Joe,

i disabled P3 RC 195 for 10 minutes, 1st with Opera 10 still running, while i realised i was not likely to get the results i wanted, i did it just to see...CCleaner did not scan Opera temp folder. i closed the browser, with P3 still disabled, i tried ATF-Cleaner as well as CCleaner and still neither looked at Opera temp files and ATF-Cleaner, did not remove files from FF 3.0.14 or Opera 10.

i will uninstall P3, reboot and check the cleaners effectiveness next.

EDIT: very strange. after a complete P3 uninstall and 2 reboots, neither ATF or CCleaners are removing Opera cache stuff as they once did.

i wonder Joe if the P3 registry script could in any way influence these scans?

Mike

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  7. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Action center reports Prevx is off but its on :)

2009-09-19_124207.jpg

edit: after a reboot everythings ok again

8. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

It's working fine for me. Prevx reports that it is ON.

9. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

It only happened to me this time as far as i can remember, and of course without a license (free Version).
    But after a reboot its all OK again, but i just thought i report it here anyway. Its the beta forum.

10. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Just to clarify - does the action center report it being off when you have a license in Prevx?

11. PrevxHelp

Hmm... I don't think it would, but could you try running the command:

Start - Run:

cmd (enter)
    sc query pxrts

and let me know what that says? It should read that the service isn't installed if Prevx is removed.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  12. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Yes it happened one time now. With the trial license you gave me.

13. simmikie

hey Joe, i ran the command you requested i run, and here is the output:

"The specified service does not exist as an installed service."

odd. i have been running CCleaner for about 3 yrs...never any problems. i believe an uninstall of CC and reinstall is in order. i'll keep you posted.

Mike

14. PrevxHelp

Sounds good, it is possible that Prevx has affected something within CCleaner which is persisting within itself. We have fixed an incompatibility between Prevx + CCleaner/Glary Utilities/ACE Registry Cleaner and although it doesn't appear to have lasting effects, I couldn't say that it wouldn't if they cache some results from OS calls (which we were blocking quite harshly before for security reasons :))

We've re-engineered some of our protection to have the same protection but not lock up ACE Registry Cleaner/other apps. (This fix, along with a lot of others will be available early next week in the next update :))

15. simmikie

well it is indeed an odd issue. i uninstalled CCleaner with Revo uninstaller set to it's most aggressive registry clean-out setting, went online to CCleaners site, dled the latest/greatest, installed....Opera is back!

P3 is still off of the system. i am going to reinstall P3 .195 and see if that kills CC's Opera cache cleaning.

i'll be back.

Mike

16. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

UP :D
    We also discover other problems
    5) with safe online setting on, people can't download file using MEGAMANAGER, MEGALINK, TUCAN (I don't use it so i don't know exactly but I think ara download managers)
    6) paste and copy from a webpage to Office is not possible
    7) a warning is not undestandable, a part is not visible, you can see this strange screen here http://www.hwupgrade.it/forum/showpost.php?p=28960865&postcount=1095
    8.) a malare was detected on scan but not on realtime on Prevx RC, trying on prevx standard it is catched on realtime imediatly ... for that we sand the sample to eraser

Sorry, don't maledict us but the guilty is eraser that let us italian acces to the beta :D :D It's a joke... To tell the truth i know you apreciate our effort:thumb:

17. PrevxHelp

Hi Romangnolo1973 - sorry about that, I apparently missed your previous post!

I'll test through this - it could very well be Prevx blocking the upgrade :)

We'll be making the upgrade process much easier in the next version but we do strongly recommend closing/restarting your browser when upgrading.

This should be fixed in the next build due out early next week :)

All of our phishing URL analysis is not fully turned on yet but will be before the final release. I agree that a "Report this website" will be a very good addition :thumb:

I'll add these to our list of "programs to test against" and will report back with how we progress in testing.

This is a known issue which will be resolved in the next version. If it isn't, could you please have one (or more) of the users send us a scan log by clicking Tools > Save Scan Results and email it to report@prevxresearch.com?

I suspect this is a redraw issue but will investigate if it is an actual software issue at hand :)

This may have been an incompatibility with Comodo which is now corrected but let me know if it occurs in the future.

I definitely do :D We're very interested in all input! Thank you for the testing and I'll make sure you're all aware of the next release coming out next week which should fix a number of the issues you've reported :)

18. Romagnolo1973

Thanks Joe, next release will be fantastic, we know that
    and don't worry I report to you with my spahetti english every problem, incompatibility we found

19. Romagnolo1973

Joe, just to help you better on replicate the issue, people explain this:

5) with safe online setting on, people can't download file using MEGAMANAGER, MEGALINK, TUCAN (I don't use it so i don't know exactly but I think ara download managers)

I'll add these to our list of "programs to test against" and will report back with how we progress in testing.

-------------------------------
    They say to me that if you try paste a rapidshare url on this various download manager with SafeOnline On you can dowload the file
    If you stop SafeOnline you can download it but if you turn it on while downloading, the download stopped

8.) a malare was detected on scan but not on realtime on Prevx RC, trying on prevx standard it is catched on realtime imediatly ... for that we sand the sample to eraser

This may have been an incompatibility with Comodo which is now corrected but let me know if it occurs in the future.
    -----------------------------------

Glad to see "my" Comodo Cis is ok, but the problem is on PC Tools Internet Security, more precisally with Prevx installed, PCTools IS installer make appearing a worning telling you Prevx is not compatible but to tell the truth Previx works well, the only problem on PrevxRC is catching malwer in realtime if it is on desktop (in other location it is catched). With older prevx everithig is ok even on the desktop realtime work

I hope this explaination can help you better

20. PrevxHelp

Hello all,
    We've released a new build, 3.0.4.200, and have now moved discussions over to: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=253911

Thank you again for all of the testing! We've fixed a vast majority of the known issues in this build so if you have had problems, we highly recommend trying this build again as it will most likely fix them :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.