Prevx RC 3.0.4.191

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by Baldrick, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I agree :) We will be changing this in the next version. Thank you for the suggestion!

2. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

O.K. something has happened, my Online Armor RunSafer green border is back...:blink: :eek: o_O :cool:

3. PrevxHelp

Hello all,
    To everyone who has been having printer problems - we found the source and have corrected it.

We'll be releasing a new build either this evening or by tomorrow which will fix this and a handful of more subtle compatibility issues.

Thank you all for your testing!

4. dlimanov

dlimanov Registered Member

Joe,
    Can you elaborate on "IP Not Verified" in SafeOnline? What exactly does or doesn't it verify?
    Also, are there any plans on checking for Trusted CAs in HTTPS examination?
    Thanks as always!

5. PrevxHelp

"IP Not Verified" is the default position. Behind the scenes, Prevx is verifying and cross-referencing the IP addresses/DNS servers of popular websites to determine if the website you're going to is a compromised website or if it has been redirected by a "Man in the Middle"-style attack.

IP Not Verified doesn't mean that the website is any less secure, it just means that either the website has massive loadbalancing implemented (where we would see thousands of IPs for a specific website) or it is taking longer to analyze each domain (generally a response will come back for a brand new website in less than 2 minutes but it can take longer in some cases).

Checking the CA for certificates is on our list of possible additions but most browsers already do this and we don't want to duplicate functionality which already exists.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

6. s4u

s4u Registered Member

testing it with several browsers and AV's here.
    So far so good

7. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Prevx RC 3.0.4.195...installed and running well here...at first glance (boring I know but thats the way I like it ;) )

Can't comment on the printer-related problem that this is supposed to fix as I have never suffered from it. :p

Cheers

Balders

8. s4u

s4u Registered Member

testing 195 as well

9. Baldrick

Hi Joe

Thanks for your usual clear and informative post on this topic.

:thumb:

10. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Just reporting that Opera seems to indeed be incompatible (still) with what's now SafeOnline.

Right now it doesn't matter if I'm at a HTTP or HTTPS site - it'll only show "unknown values" on everything (the text "Unknown" on everything except IP Verification which instead says "IP Not Verified"). Also the blue button and not the green FYI.

HOWEVER, I recall that when another program opened Opera to view a page and not me starting the program manually, the button of SafeOnline was green and it probably identified the content and protected me and so on. The program that did this on my PC was Google Talk, which opens a HTTPS site (GMail, that's). I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3 which is fully updated and Prevx in conjunction with avast! Free Antivirus v5 BETA.

If you want me to elaborate on something, don't hesitate to ask - I'm pretty tired when I'm writing this after all. :)

EDIT: Same result with b195.

EDIT2: Is full-screen detection available in this release invisibly (just detecting, no options to turn the functionality off) or will that be a part of v4 instead?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  11. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Did you uninstall and install the new .195? I think an update over the old version wont work.
    Funny thing is i use Opera 10.10 1778 and now SafeOnline works as expected, it shows IPs etc. Yesterday https only worked with the "Low" setting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2009
  12. rolarocka

rolarocka Guest

Yes printing works again for me with the .195 version. Good work :thumb:

13. Baldrick

Installed over the top of 191 by clicking on Check for Updates in the GUI and accepting the offer to update.

Simples!!!!!

14. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Simply got auto-updated to b195 - happy with that fact at least. :D

15. PrevxHelp

Good to know - I'm not sure how much testing we've done with XP SP3/Opera/Avast but I will prioritize this up and should have an answer soon as to what incompatibility we may still have.

The full screen detection is implemented now with no option to turn it off (it is too necessary of a feature to have an option to turn it off in our opinion :))

16. PrevxHelp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.