Prevx on-demand only

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by bellgamin, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I don't want Prevx to scan real-time. Instead, I only want to use Prevx as a right-click scanner.

QUESTION: Which Prevx files should I have on start-up, so as to enable Prevx's use for right-click scans but NOT for real-time monitoring? (Note: I use Autoruns to control start-up.)

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    You are probably going to want to leave the services/drivers intact so that all of the components will be available under limited user accounts and can remain running if targeted by malware.

To remove realtime protection - first open the main program, click Tools, click Suspend Protection, click the down-arrow and scroll to the bottom of the list and click Remove Protection, then click Stop Protection.

While the prevx.exe processes will remain in memory, they won't scan the system so there is no impact on performance. You are now also offered a different tray icon menu: if you right click on the Prevx tray icon you can select "Shutdown Prevx 3.0" which will remove everything from memory.

In double checking this behavior, however, I found a minor issue where a right click scan won't work properly if the processes aren't loaded (it doesn't automatically reload the processes). You can use the program menu shortcut to re-open it for now and then right click on the files to scan them but we'll have this corrected in the next update :)

Let me know if you need anything else!

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Done!

Thanks for the quick & helpful reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.