Prevx on a file server

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by tacfit, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tacfit

tacfit Registered Member

We installed the enterprise client on our file server this morning. Prevx scans only 4700 files. This file servers contains terabytes of data... what's the deal?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Prevx looks at programs which could affect your system, not idle files, so it reduces overhead without harming protection by ignoring most files as they pass through. If one of your users were to try and execute malware from the server, it will be blocked from the server itself, preventing the client PC from reading/executing the file, even if the client PC doesn't have Prevx installed as well.

3. tacfit

tacfit Registered Member

Ahh, ok.

Other customers... does it work as described?

4. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

Prevx is a great product, but it's relatively new technology & in my opinion not suited to a server. You don't sit at a server downloading files do you?

5. tacfit

tacfit Registered Member

Yeah, that's exactly my concern. I think we'll pursue an additional solution for our data critical servers, at least until Prevx improves its enterprise solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.