PrevX Home: any comments please?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by slammer_JvA, Nov 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    After reading some reviews -good bad and ugly- about this free program I am curious what some of you experts have to say about this one .
    What's your opinion?

Do you think it's worth to give it a try, or would it be too much annoyance in exchange for the benefits you receive from it?
    What about resources? Is it that demanding for (f.e.) my P4 2.6 Ghz (512mb ram) system?

If you'd like to make any other comments, be invited.

Thanks in advance! :)

regards,
    slammer

ps meanwhile I'll start trying it anyway ;) , but I am really curious about opinions from the people at Wilders

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I think it shows promise. It can be annoying at times but they are constantly improving it. As far as resources go, combined for the service and the process are about: virtual size is 135 to 140 meg, peak private runs around 40 meg and peak working runs 40 to 45 meg.... Pretty much a hog but they constant improving in this area. CPU time with the initial v2 release ran about 6 % while the latest version is running 1 to 2 %....

HTH.....

3. slammer_JvA

Thank you, Kent , for your (quick! :) ) reply. Most appreciated.

Anyone else?
    grtz
    slam

4. slammer_JvA

Just learned I'm (obviously) not the only one: found some postings at our friends at Castle Cops overhere . Hope to read the review from "Test Man" soon. Interesting !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.