Prevx has a limit for installs?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Necropsie, Jul 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Necropsie

Necropsie Registered Member

Using the Prevx on the same computer for nearly 8 months. I usually format my pc's after 3 or max. 4 months. When i install Prevx again after the format, i go to my console and deactivate the "old" pc and reactivate my licence code again. I installed Windows 7 today and when i tried to do that again, i get the message "you have reached the limit". But it is the same pc. So is there really a limit for installs or am i doing something wrong?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

This is a measure put in place to prevent abuse, however you can PM me your license key and I will reset your license for you :)

3. The Nodder

The Nodder Registered Member

On the same topic, When W7 Final is released I'll be using both X64 Pro and x64 Home Premium.
    I'll explain how / why before I go any further.
    I have a Hard Drive Trayless Caddy that goes into a spare DVD drive bay then all I have to do is, open the little door on the caddy, slide out the drive, slide in the other one, close the door and thats it, all of 6 seconds. It's SATA only.

x64 Pro will be used for normal computing and x64 Home Premium for my Train Sims. I pre-ordered them in the special offer not long ago. Home Premium will be used because there are features in Pro that are not in it so lessening any possible conflicts in the sims, especially MSTS.
    Whats the situation there ?

I read in a reply you made in a post that most software programmers use the same system as yours, that is for one licence per computer, I wouldn't agree on that, I have purchased a lot of programms on the 'net that are downloaded, only one other used the same system, that is Macrium Reflect,
    and the use of that system is not given before purchase, this is only me but I think it should so that purchasers know the situation before hand. I find this sytem to be a real pain (forgive me for being straight) due to the having to get the programmer to reset whatever is reset. And what if the programmer gives up the program and website, it has happened and will happen.

I know what you are about, piracy, now, I believe in paying for my software for 1) I can go the programmer for help or whatever 2) If I was a programmer I'd want users to pay for it.

I "had" a friend who tried to get me to give him copies of software I had paid for and because I refused he stopped speaking to me. But, get this, he isn't short of money. I'm retired and I have to be carefull.

Please don't be offended with the above as none is intended.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

When the time comes, PM me your license key and we'll sort it out :) There's no need to pay again when protecting the same PC.

5. ghidorah68

ghidorah68 Registered Member

PrevXHelp, can you reset my license too. I just restored my PC from an image and I'm getting this

Error: H300: This PC cannot be re-activated unless it is reinstated using MyPrevX console.

The thing is every time I do something on the console I get errors...

Please help!

Thanks
    Chuck

6. PrevxWebDesigner

PrevxWebDesigner Former Prevx Moderator

Hi,

Could you PM me your license key please, or alternatively contact support (http://info.prevx.com/service.asp) and this will be resolved ASAP.

If I remember correctly, H300 errors are where a computer has been deactivated within MyPrevx, yet still has Prevx active (therefore it's as though you just switched the license off). You would need to reactivate this same PC to turn protection back on. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.