Prevx Enterprise - which ports?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by jimwillsher, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Hi everyone,

Please can somebody tell me EXACTLY which ports I need open on my server and firewall (I will have external clients, using a FQDN) for everything to work correctly.

I've installed the console and was prompted for a port during install (I chose 25000) but I see that the installer has opened Windows Firewall ports 21000/TCP and 21001/UDP.

Do I need 25000/TCP 25000/UDP and 21000/TCP and 21001/UDP? Or just 25000/TCP? Or just 25000/UDP? Or some combination :)

Many thanks

Jim

PS Our external clients need to "phone home" so I've specified the server as prevx.ourdomain.com.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

This sounds like the configuration wasn't persisted yet. You should be able to change the default port but you will need to create a new agent MSI to use it. TCP is the default protocol but UDP is also used for direct agent commands.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any issues or want clarification.

3. jimwillsher

Many thanks for the reply.

Hmmm....not sure that's correct. In my clients, in the registry I see this:

method=tcpip;server=MyFQDN;port=25000

which is correct, as that's the MSI I built.

But the the Prevx console, when installed on the server, has opened 21000 and 21001 with descriptions "Prevx Enterprise TCP" and "Prevx Enterprise UDP" but it did not open 25000.

I've pushed out to one client but it's not showing in the console yet. I've now manually opened 25000 on the server and will wait for the three hour polling window.

Sounds to me like the console installation should have opened 25000 but has instead opened 21000 and 21001. Possible?

Jim

4. jimwillsher

Nope, no joy. It's been over three hours now and nothing. Nothing on the server, nothing on event log on the client.

Is there any way to daignose this? Or force the client to try to contact the server again? Having to wait for a three hour cycle isn't conducive to fixing a problem :)

Heeeeellllllpppppppp! :)

Many thanks,

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.