PrevX Enterprise evaluation

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by ternerito, Dec 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ternerito

ternerito Registered Member

Hi,
    I work for a school district in BC (Canada). I have just started evaluating PrevX Enterprise (30 day trial). A bit of context...

We have 3000+ PC's in our district. They are spread across a WAN (about 30 separate locations). We are currently using a "traditional" A/V product, but we are thinking of switching for mainly two reasons:

1 - the product we currently use is often ineffective
    2 - hardware requirements are too large

I realize that point number two would not be a big deal for most modern organization, but at the lower end of the food chain in our district there are still Optiplex 240's with 256MB of RAM. :oops: They are being (slowly) phased out, but we still need to support them in the meantime.

I have a few questions:

Does the console works over a WAN

Am I correct in thinking that the trial version does not allow for any infection removal? Isn't this a bit like a test-driving a car, without the driving part? :D

What kind of overhead is required in managing licensing etc. For instance, what amount of work is involved in extending the license for a year

Does the agent update itself automatically

How does the console scale in terms of speed and reliability when dealing with thousands of clients. Is there anyone out here that is using PrevX with 1000+ machines that cares to comment

What would be the server footprint for a console capable of handling 3-4000 clients?

Sorry for the many questions. Probably more to come. :)

thanks,
    Luca

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Prevx Enterprise is very easy to deploy and manage and I'm confident it will be a good fit for your organization based on your questions. However, I think our Enterprise support team would be better poised to answer your questions more precisely - could you please send me a PM with your email address so that we can contact you directly?

Thank you! :)

3. ternerito

ternerito Registered Member

Will do, as soon as the PM system is back online. :doubt:

4. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

Sorry to drag up a few-days-old post but did you get an answer to your questions?

We don't have nearly as many clients - approx 120 - but they are spread around the country and never in the office (laptops). As such, being able to manage them across the internet is critical to us (a bit like ESET's ERAS/ERAC concept, which we already use to manage these laptops).

None of the clients has LAN or VPN access but they all have internet connections and currently "phone home" to our ESET server.

Many thanks,

Jim

5. PrevxHelp

I believe we've answered all of ternerito's questions but we do indeed prefer to handle Enterprise directly with our Enterprise team. If you'd like me to clarify any questions for you, send me your email address via PM and I'll forward it onto our Enterprise sales/support team :)

6. jimwillsher

jimwillsher Registered Member

I spoke at length to Paul from prevx last night. I *think* we're going to go with Business rather than Enterprise, but I'm not 100% certain on that.

However, I think insinct is going to make me wait for Prevx 4 (or whatever it is called) to surface. I don't want to spent a few thousand £ on software with a three-year license if we don't like what we see. This whole webroot thing makes me nervous.

At least I now fully understand the differences between the Enterprise and Business products, but I think we'll hang fire until the horizen seems clearer.

Jim

7. PrevxHelp

Understood :thumb: I have full confidence that you will greatly enjoy what you will see in Prevx 4 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.