Prevx Edge Question.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Taliscicero, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

It is real-time,but it is not protection..rather notification.it does not block the detected stuff in trial version..which is unacceptable for a trial and (for me) a reason not to try it.:thumbd:

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

BS, how many products have I downloaded that do their little thing, only to say, BUY, if you want the full rewards. This is common practice. If Prevx told me there was malware on my PC and I did not want to purchase their program, then I would download Cure-It to assist. Do you know how many times a person can download a legit program time and time again, when they should not, with something like FD-ISR.:cautious:

I have no issues with the approach Prevx is taking, and if you do, try something else, like Online Armor.:D

3. chris2busy

Yes but i can't tell if it conflicts with OA(i.e) in real time now,can i?hell its a security app,it could conflict any up i use in daily basis.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The realtime scanning in Edge, although it doesn't block malware, performs every action except the "Block" action so the system load and system conflicts will be exactly the same in the trial as they would in the paid version.

Otherwise, we would set ourselves up to get customer complaints from people who it worked fine during the trial and broke when paid :D

5. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I still havent had any notification from paypal for a refund ;/

Also Trjam is a fanboy so his mind is clouded by his love. Also next weak he will probably be useing something else :argh: anyone that know's him knows he loves to change it up :p

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

You rascal, you.:cautious:

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Um, as far as i know, Prevx Edge does detect and block malware.
    However it does not clean it. You have to do that on your own.
    PrevxHelp, can you clarify that? There is so many unknowns around Prevx Edge that are not explained anywhere.

8. PrevxHelp

For registered users, Edge will clean and block malware. If you are just on a trial, it will detect malware but not block or clean it.

FWIW, if you have general questions or want to kill an hour or two, you can read our help file is at: http://info.prevx.com/edgehelp.asp (which you can get to by clicking Tools and Settings > Help & FAQs) :D

9. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Joe, that help site is fantastic.

You should put a link to that site in your signature! Might save a lot of questions (Prevx Edge Help) ;)

10. PrevxHelp

That's definitely a good idea :D

11. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Ok, so it's really just a second opinion tool. It's ok i guess. At least i'm warned if avast! misses anything.

12. PrevxHelp

It is a second opinion tool + on-demand scanner if you are an unpaid user. A paid user gets the full protection + cleanup features.

13. Taliscicero

Still no refund buddy ;/

14. PrevxHelp

At this point, wouldn't we be stupid to not give it to you? ;) We've forwarded the request and said to you that it will take 4-5 business days to hear back from Cleverbridge. There is absolutely nothing anyone can do at this point - your request has been forwarded and will be taken care of shortly.

15. Taliscicero

Check his signiture "I TOLD YOU!" :D

Alright thanks, i useually hear back from paypal straight away but i guess this is a little different.

16. kevinz

kevinz Registered Member

You are being pretty nice with them in waiting for a refund. I would have gone through the bank to hit them with a chargeback days ago. Your first post says you just bought it, bank would have given your money back within a couple minutes of a phone call.

17. Taliscicero

I try to be as nice as possible, and still no refund ;/

18. PrevxHelp

No idea why it would be taking this long... o_O

I'll send some emails to see what the holdup is to try and get this expedited.

Sorry for the inconvenience - I was under the impression this usually took a day or so. :doubt:

19. Taliscicero

Me too xD

-

Also for next time you have this problem a paypal transfer from a bank can be denied by the vendor if its 4 days before purchase like mine was ;/

20. Taliscicero

o_O :cautious:

21. PrevxHelp

I really do not know why this is so difficult to get a refund and I truly apologize for the inconvenience. I've PM'd you a free 1 year license key for your trouble. If you actually do end up getting a refund, you can still use the license I've sent.

We haven't had problems like this in the past and now that another full week has gone by, I don't want to keep you waiting.

With this free license, you will be able to install Edge on both OS's, just using a different license key on each.

In the future, if anyone has a problem getting a refund, please let me know. I don't want us to get a bad reputation of not returning refunds when people have a completely valid reason to ask for one and I'm sure that this delay was caused from some mixup somewhere.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

22. Taliscicero

Nice of you to give me a free licance, And i thank you for all your support, lets just hope it gets resolved soon.

23. chris2busy

That was quite professional a move of you ;) Kudos!

24. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Shows they care about us after all.

25. Taliscicero

My Issue has been finally resolved, Thank you Prevxhelp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.