Prevx Edge Question.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Taliscicero, Jan 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

Good job, I was testing you and yes this is my message and i am now convinced atleast somebody took notice ^^; and i thank you for that.

But still get PrevX team to change what they have on the site to 1OS not 1PC or else you could have a lawsuit on your hands.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I've told the web team and we'll see what they do from there :)

3. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

So is this game over? :D

4. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Joe i dont know how you put up with this guy but everyone should have a limit!

Lawsuit he says, geez - give him his meaningless refund and move on n get this lets alltogheter bash PX thread closed

5. PrevxHelp

I wish I could but we probably have to wait until Monday :oops:

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Prevx is rocking and rolling here if you know what i mean,it is freaking fast:)

7. Taliscicero

Its not meaningless, and we have already settled are disbute i am just waiting for the refund and i will be perfectly happy.

Also on another note a lawsuit is quite possible if a corperate user buys it and has the same problem i had and saw that the website made no mention of it :D

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i am new Prevx user(trialing)and i want to know exactly what technologgy the are using for exaple are they updating regular signiture data base like other vendors?cause i noticed it is recognise by the security center as antivirus:) thanks

9. PrevxHelp

The signatures are stored on our servers and scanning takes place online so there is no need to actually download the millions of signatures.

Depending on your OS/setup, Edge will also be recognized as antimalware as it covers both areas :)

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

ok now can i scan my pc in safe mode?cause i know some antimalware scaners get kill in normal mode:)

11. PrevxHelp

Yes, you can if you boot with networking enabled (however, we've designed Edge to work on infected systems so you should be able to scan even if heavily infected).

If for some reason Edge doesn't load when you are infected, you can install using a randomized filename by clicking Options on the installation screen and this will normally let it bypass the infections :)

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

cool you guys are very prepare:thumb: very nice indeed.:thumb:

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

every thing is ok but i have alitle concern and that is that i check add/remove program(winxp2)i noticed that it say prevxcsi and in the tray icon say prevxedge?is that normal bahabiour?thanks again

14. PrevxHelp

If you've installed Prevx CSI first and then upgraded to Edge, it will remain as Prevx CSI in Add/Remove programs and the start menu but if you install fresh as Edge, it will change to Prevx Edge :)

15. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

ah ok,i see i did that cause i couldn't download prevx edge last nite for some reason which i dont know and i noticed after just today it converted to prevx edge:)wooo the scaner is only like a minute or two:)very nice

16. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

3DFireStarteR, hopefully all is solved for you shortly.

You and PrevxHelp are both right, there should be more information on the website, but the number of users using dual operating systems would be extremely low - and giving users access to unlimited OS would create abuse.

If I were you, being in the minority of guys using other operating systems, and knowing how quick Prevx are with their help and support, I would have just asked for the OS to be changed when you needed it. They're quick with their service and support, and I'm sure they wouldn't have minded helping you out as an exception to their rule.

But if you're needing something that can change on-demand, when you need it, then it's best to go for another product.

Slightly off-topic, I just logged into the myPrevx site, and that is a pretty cool feature to implement. I'm guessing it's if you're a manager and you're monitoring systems off-site, seeing if malware is being downloaded, or if you're just a user sharing your system, and you're wanting to know if the person using your system has come across an infection. :thumb: :cool:

17. kevinz

kevinz Registered Member

If they do not issue you a full refund, and you feel they mislead you in buying it. Contact your bank and simply file for a chargeback. The bank will very easily side with you, if they don't at first don't give up.

You will get all your money back, and they will get an extra ding on their account they bill through for the chargeback.

Judging from the wording, i feel anyone who doesn't get a refund should do this.

PS - you may have a limited time from the initial transaction that your bank will do it with no questions asked. Most of the time within 90 days. So don't wait around if you are within that period :) Since it was a purchase for a longer period than that though and your claim would be based on fraud.. who knows.

18. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I'm sure it'll be refunded. What's a couple of days. Sit back and watch some tv. ;)

19. kevinz

kevinz Registered Member

I'm sure they will refund you pretty easily due to the thread as well.. But for anyone else who they don't want to give a full refund, contact your bank :)

20. PrevxHelp

We very very rarely do not give out full refunds if they ask. Basically, the only time I'm aware of that we don't is when someone says: "CSI/Edge has cleaned 50 threats from my computer over the last 6 months that I've had it installed but then x software found a tracing cookie and removed it so give me a refund."

No AV can ever find 100% and we clearly state that we don't so these users will generally just receive a partial refund.

Also (to reiterate a point I made earlier in the thread), if we ever do miss an actual threat on the system or if we can't clean something, we <will> walk you through manual cleanup or we will help you to remove the threat remotely with no added charge (something I don't think any other company does).

21. Taliscicero

I'm hopeing so, Ile just wait for now i feel my point has been made to an extreme extent ;)

22. Miyagi

Miyagi Registered Member

Poor Joe! :oops: With the amount of his support and time in Wilders, he deserves more than anyone in the refund department. :D Keep up your support and finesse as always. We love you. ;)

23. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Woohoo, 64bit version!!!!!

EDIT:
    Why does it say there is no real-time protection in trial version, even though there is one. It doesn't clean the infections, just notifies the user.
    Or am i missing something?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  24. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Joe has no life, well, except this one.:cautious: :thumb:

25. PrevxHelp

The trial version is an unlimited trial of the scanning, in realtime and ondemand. If malware is encountered during the "trial" you will be prompted about its existence but it won't be blocked.

So, basically, you can use it as long as you want as a detection tool (which will alert you in realtime if an infection is present as well) but you just have to pay if you want to enable cleanup or actual protection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.